How to turbo your Honda for cheap... (by me)

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ basically yea.
It was not intended for those of us that already know what we are doing when it comes to boost ;)

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But on a positive note: can you guys help to maybe shape this "guide" into something useful? I think it can help out alot of people.

Leave all the comments to yourselves or in a pm. i dont care if this is a hmt kit or not. :lol:

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
resistor box?

greddy downpipe used is real cheap ive seen em for 50

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You could just go to a muffler shop and have them make you a downpipe. It would be under $100.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You could just go to a muffler shop and have them make you a downpipe. It would be under $100.
and chances are won't last very long. downpipes go through interesting heat cycles that would slay any normal exhaust piping. hence most OEM downpipes or elbows being cast: it's a cheap way to get a material that will last through the heating and cooling.

either way, documenting your build in a thread is always a good idea. great job, nice choice of parts. what T25 are you going with?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One note though:
I'd spend the extra couple bucks for a brand named blow off valve. The ebay ones work, yeah. But you really dont want compressor surge on your turbo, and from stories I've read, is that sometimes the BOV doesnt even blow off, and just goes straight back to the turbo..which is very bad.

You dont have to go out and buy anything crazy, like a 300$ HKS bov, if you are on a budget, you can find cheaper ones, but that have a reputable name. Like Blitz, I got mine for 100$ :thumbs up

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright whatever its a HMT kit ;)

I was just simply attempting to lay out my build for anyone to view.

But if all the boost experts are going to bash then please delete this thread
Dude, we weren't bashing. You were just being ignorant.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and chances are won't last very long. downpipes go through interesting heat cycles that would slay any normal exhaust piping.
uhh...have you even looked at any setup on pretty much any Honda forum? nobody runs cast elbows unless they buy a kit. ive ran 4 different "exhaust piping" DPs and never once had a problem. even my current one that it heatwrapped(increased heat retention) and with Crome 2 step with 40* timing retard and .9ms fuel on my launch control with the engine popping, building boost, and shooting flames i have never had a problem.

in short, your statement doesnt hold water

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was wondering at what psi does this diy/hmt put it together type kit thing.. be able to produce.. because sence your getting the lower quality parts wouldnt that kinda hold back the psi you can produce in the system? for reliable reasons.. im not talking about 4000psi or anything.. i mean to push it to 15/20 wouldnt it be kinda iffy..

aNDoNX

5+ Year Member
Since he is putting his kit together on a d series, he should only want to have 6-8 psi on stock internals. So either way, you aren't going to get less than 6 psi in most cases correct me if I'm wrong. If his kit does produce well over 8 psi, then he will need rods, pistons, block guard etc. I recommend using a boost gauge and just making sure you dont boost too high if your engine cant support the kit. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since he is putting his kit together on a d series, he should only want to have 6-8 psi on stock internals. So either way, you aren't going to get less than 6 psi in most cases correct me if I'm wrong. If his kit does produce well over 8 psi, then he will need rods, pistons, block guard etc.
you are wrong.

for 1, psi doesnt mean s**t. and 2, a stock d series can handle WELL over 8 psi on a stock t25 turbo. i ran 15psi through a t3 .42/.48 on my stock a6 and didnt have an issue. its all in the tune

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well let me paint a pictcha fo ya.......... d16zc dohc. vitara ycp low compression pistons 8.5:1 , eagle h rods, block guard, titanium springs , arp head studs, ect.. i mean full blown the hell out rebuild with turbo everything.. would this kit produce the ability to keep it at around 30psi constantly? or would some of the piping give way from the pressure?

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kind of charge pipes do you have? I wouldn't trust ANY ebay s**t at those levels

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well let me paint a pictcha fo ya.......... d16zc dohc. vitara ycp low compression pistons 8.5:1 , eagle h rods, block guard, titanium springs , arp head studs, ect.. i mean full blown the hell out rebuild with turbo everything.. would this kit produce the ability to keep it at around 30psi constantly? or would some of the piping give way from the pressure?
dohc zc with vitaras is going to be in the neighborhood of 6.5:1 not 8.5

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol.. what kind do i have.. im asking yall bois about about it.. lol.. cause im good in the theory of boost but havent actually obtained boost masta yet lol...

6:1 compression is pretty good ... aint it lol..