How can i get more hp out of my engine?

d16yb-96

5+ Year Member
What is the best way to go to get more horsepower out of my 1996 Honda Civic EX with the stock d16y8 engine, with out getting a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous? I already have an intake but thats it. Thanks for the help.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the best way to go to get more horsepower out of my 1996 Honda Civic EX with the stock d16y8 engine, with out getting a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous? I already have an intake but thats it. Thanks for the help.
well there is a whole bunch of stuff you can do, but you will be spending a lot of money and not making too much power.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well without going with any forced induction and keeping that motor, you can do all the bolt ons, header, catback, hi flo cat/test pipe, intake mani, throttle body. but you wont see too much power. You could swap a different motor in, and keep that NA, B series is a good choice, or you can use forced induction.

d16yb-96

5+ Year Member
yea im probably gonna get the swap because my motor has 170000 miles on it so i guess it's about ready for another engine. thanks a lot though.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can put about 3k into the d series engine N/A and itll be as fast as a b16.
or u can put about 3k into a boost setup and itll be running 300+ hp.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
unless you want an all motor setup with high compression pistons......or go turbo

your not going to get that much hp without doing anything major to the motor......sorry to tell you but you gotta do somethen to the motor to get hp.....