15+ Year Member
^wow, whore a bit?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everywhere has shitty roads, get new shocks, drive slower. that is more than 1 inch.

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^^ lolll

looks like a bit more then a inch!

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like the spring rate is too soft and possibly in combination of blown struts.
I had a set of dropzones and they were way too soft for the ride height I was at.
check to see if there is oil leaking around the struts...if they are wet looking with dirt stuck to them, they are blown.

I would invest in some new springs that have stiffer spring rate, like 380lb in front, 300lb or so in back.
I am happy with the ots Ground control coilovers, with extended tophats, and tokico struts.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What a horrible illustration, I'd just drive around the bumps.. ;)
same =) if you can just drive around it...then do it. if not angle it. but for me..if i angle i scrap but if i go straight i dont >_< a bit weird but thats me.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the previous owner might have put the aftermarket springs on stock shocks
i have coilovers on stock shocks and never bottom out. my s**t isnt slammed but its low

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is more than an inch, thats about what i have on my SI. I would assume your struts are f**ked, check them

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 98 hatch is dropped about that much too. I've got Ground Controls on Tokico Illuminas and can take most speed bumps head on. The only thing I go diagonal on is driveways.

medorihb

5+ Year Member
i'm riding on sprint extreme drop springs, 3.25" inch drop and i don't have a problem with anything, some what of a stiff ride but no bottoming out problems. my hatch has been lowered like that for over 8 years and it took me some time to get used to driving it that low when i first dropped it. just be careful.

Still_sl00

Rep'in South Florida
5+ Year Member
now these cars are low and drive around everyday. its all about knowing the road and being alert. going sideways will save lives!!!!

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i feel your pain dude, i use to adjust my coilovers to be as low as driveable
but it got to the point where jacking the car up was a huge pain in the ass, and so was everyday driving just get coilovers and set them to exactly what you want based on where you go alot and the speedbump/potholes/dips/driveways that you have to deal with, dont even worry about how it looks

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
change out the springs for some good coil overs, and you will be set for the rest of your cars life.