b18 turbo with safc

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i got it runningalittle better but it is still getting lean. i figerd out if i keep the throtel in low throtel it wont get lean at all but once i push the pedal far enofe to were high throtel kicks in it gets lean.
OK...your ECU is trying to keep a AFR of 14.7 respectively. You'd be tunning about 12:1 AFR, assuming. The ecu will try to compesate....in other words. You try to tune it and it'll detune itself since it's on closed loop. It's comparing long term specs with current and will try to bring it back to what it was. And having advanced timming will may/will cause detonation.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i no being lean can blow the motor but i dont just keep flooring it when its lean i havnt floored it in a while. and i have the distributor retarted 10 degrees. i just need to change the fuel filter i think

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how retarded are you? all these guys are telling you to get an ecu tune and you're shooting them down. its not that expensive to get an ecu tune and have your setup run better. i guess you could just mash around and ease off the throttle every time you hit 5k. thats no way to live.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
am i the only one thats noticed his title says b18 but he says he has a d16y7 ecu? that def doesnt help the situation

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how retarded are you? all these guys are telling you to get an ecu tune and you're shooting them down. its not that expensive to get an ecu tune and have your setup run better. i guess you could just mash around and ease off the throttle every time you hit 5k. thats no way to live.
f**k you dont ever call me retarted that f**kin disrespectfull you f**kin d**k and i already have an ecu with hondata on it but i dont have the money to get it tuned right now i no its better to have a chipped ecu just because im trying to use an safc dosnt mean im f**kin:evil: retarted

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
am i the only one thats noticed his title says b18 but he says he has a d16y7 ecu? that def doesnt help the situation
why do you gotta say it like that"has anyone noticed like o=your acking like im a dumbass you could of just said that the ecu could be your problem instead of trying to ack like a d**k. yall are no help what so ever what is the point of a fourm if nobody noes how to help people without calling them a dumbass :x

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We're getting irritated because we are giving you the right solution but, you want good results for a setup that is prone to failure. And cursing won't get you what you want, just the opposite.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like how people tell him to get a real tuning software/hardware, instead of answering his question.

With my experiences on the AFC's, I have the Vafc2, you have to get the fuel just right for the car not to run like s**t. Are you using a Wideband or a Narrowband A/F gauge?
My car did the same thing, but that is because I forgot to turn my fuel down on my Vtec map. Try leaning it out around that RPM range since the AFC's work by controlling injector pulses and you could be so far into the positive side that its actually closing the injector faster? I don't know, I never had to put my fuel settings into the positive side it always stayed around -32 low throttle and -28 in high throttle which was still way too rich.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why do you gotta say it like that"has anyone noticed like o=your acking like im a dumbass you could of just said that the ecu could be your problem instead of trying to ack like a d**k. yall are no help what so ever what is the point of a fourm if nobody noes how to help people without calling them a dumbass :x
actually i wasnt being a dumb ass. dont ask for help and then b***h at people for what you THINK they are saying. its no wonder people act like asses when we you b***h at them for giving suggestions. i was just saying that could be the problem since thats a SOHC d series ECU. i know you can chip ecus to run right but i didnt know if that was your problem so keep bitching at people for trying to help. and try not being a complete d**k yourself instead of calling everyone a d**k

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like how people tell him to get a real tuning software/hardware, instead of answering his question.

With my experiences on the AFC's, I have the Vafc2, you have to get the fuel just right for the car not to run like s**t. Are you using a Wideband or a Narrowband A/F gauge?
My car did the same thing, but that is because I forgot to turn my fuel down on my Vtec map. Try leaning it out around that RPM range since the AFC's work by controlling injector pulses and you could be so far into the positive side that its actually closing the injector faster? I don't know, I never had to put my fuel settings into the positive side it always stayed around -32 low throttle and -28 in high throttle which was still way too rich.
thanks for your help i think your the only person that said somthing helpfull. and alright i turned my fuel down and i figured out my problem was my injectors i ran sum fuel system cleaner threw and it runs real good right now . so all yall ppl who told me to get rid of the safc it is s**t are wrong its not s**t its a tuning program for a a low budjet person and it works just fine

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok now im having a new problem my rpm gauge states jumping around and car car shakes when it does it.i think its a ground but i couldnt find any loose gronds. and it does do this all the time it comes and goes

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok im pretty sure my distributor is messed up thats whats causeing the gauge to jump all around and my car to like cut on and off sumtimes

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does your battery ever run down alot? when my alternator got got bad s**t would start jumping around like that esp my tach. but if your battery isnt getting drained it probably isnt that.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A AFC is great if you do a NA build but, on a turbo you have to worry about hitting the stock rev limiter (fuel cut off) and advancement of timing but,...

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the battery is pretty new i think.and yea i no its not the best tune but it works for me right now until i get 150 to get my car tuned with my hondata. but im taking the distributor apart and going to look at it and see if there is any loose conections on the ignition control module.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k you dont ever call me retarted that f**kin disrespectfull you f**kin d**k and i already have an ecu with hondata on it but i dont have the money to get it tuned right now i no its better to have a chipped ecu just because im trying to use an safc dosnt mean im f**kin:evil: retarted
wow.............................what a retard