STP gas+fuel system cleaner: Does this stuff work?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey all, I have 2 new bottles on my desk of STP Fuel System Cleaner and STP Gas treatment. Does this stuff work???

I honestly DONT know how it got there, but it just did.

Do I drop it in my tank?

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say give it a go, i use one called Nitrox cuz it sounds cool lol, only used it once so far in the 2 years, cuz its not cheap lol. Look it up online or ebay, the more expensive it is the better the signs, i think?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no, it doesn't do s**t, now send them to me for free! :lol:

It won't hurt anything at all, and you might feel better throttle response or power whichever especially if you been runnning crap gas. Just pour it in the gas tank, and make sure you atleast have half a tank.

i throw one in every once in a while, the fuel system one. the gas treatment doesn't do s**t.

mattvivsound

5+ Year Member
I have always used the Chevron with Techthron stuff.

But I think the Gas Treatment of ment for the winter months to prevent freezing in the fuel lines...

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably snake oil.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
none of those store additives work, buying gas itself with additives doesnt work (even top tier gas). not enough detergents in them to make a difference. only thing that helps is lubecontrol.com gas and oil additives. only product i would ever use in my car and have been for 3 yrs without issues.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
STP advertises that they use "Jet Fuel" in their additives.

Translation? Kerosene

Kerosene has about the same octane as diesel.

Back in the day, when oil was .10 cents a barrel, farmers would wash their equipment in kerosene. It would leave a layer of parrafin on all the equipment and protect it.

Do you really want that stuff running through your injectors?

It probably won't do anything. Good, bad, or otherwise.

99ExDriver

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey all, I have 2 new bottles on my desk of STP Fuel System Cleaner and STP Gas treatment. Does this stuff work???

I honestly DONT know how it got there, but it just did.

Do I drop it in my tank?
It does not work

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only thing i use is lucas oil upper cylinder lube/injector cleaner. put it in the gas tank everytime i change the oil.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
STP advertises that they use "Jet Fuel" in their additives.

Translation? Kerosene

Kerosene has about the same octane as diesel.

Back in the day, when oil was .10 cents a barrel, farmers would wash their equipment in kerosene. It would leave a layer of parrafin on all the equipment and protect it.

Do you really want that stuff running through your injectors?

It probably won't do anything. Good, bad, or otherwise.
I was reading the back of the bottle, and they are implying the use of JetFuel. I think JetFuel is a certain brand that makes chemicals for this stuff, not ACTUAL jet fuel.