Replace side mirror

Malfa

5+ Year Member
The mirror on my driver side is cracked and I need to replace it within the next week.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+HX&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=MIRROR+(FIXED)
^So on that website is #17 the only thing I will need to purchase? Also is it going to be pretty easy to replace??

Thank you!

edit: the link wont go to the section i want it to, but im sure you will know what i am talking about (just go to mirror(fixed) on the bottom drop down menu)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
youre probably better off finding the whole mirror assembly used from someone instead of trying to repair the broken glass on yours. to me it just doesnt look like a straight forward repair job, but replacing the whole thing is pretty easy. just make sure you get a 2dr/hatch mirror, not a sedan

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?N=10606+1631+4294967264+11921+9162

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The glass is easy to replace, however for the same price, you can get a whole new painted housing used. (if yours is in bad condition)

Malfa

5+ Year Member
mine is in fine shape, not too bad at all

the housing was like 50-60 where the glass was only 20

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if the housing is in good shape you can just replace the glass, i did it on mine. a friend at the parts store took it off somehow for me. then i went to a junk yard and got another mirror and changed the glass.

clarkandrew45

if the housing is in good shape you can just replace the glass, i did it on mine. a friend at the parts store took it off somehow for me. then i went to a junk yard and got another mirror and changed the glass.
My friend is currently looking for driver side mirror. what brand can you suggest?