16 or 17 inch rims?

Geovone

5+ Year Member
Question then, why do the new civics, 2007 and up have the option for 18 inch rims? Is it because they are newer models? I ask this question because I saw an 05 vic with 18 inch rims and it looked nice, IMO.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've always liked 17's on 4drs but nothing bigger than 16's on a coupe or hatch. I'm rockin steelies for now

redej6

5+ Year Member
i think 15's if ur car is REALLY dropped. it all depends on ur tires and wheels.

but def 15 and 16's on hatches/coupes and 4drs can rock 17's

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Question then, why do the new civics, 2007 and up have the option for 18 inch rims? Is it because they are newer models? I ask this question because I saw an 05 vic with 18 inch rims and it looked nice, IMO.
because the 8th generation civics are bigger cars, so bigger rims flow with it. 18s on a bigger car looks natural, but look at 18s on a CRX. horrible.

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
If your racing, I'd say 16's for sure but if it's for show, 17's are great. Been serving me well.

Commodore

back again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm supposed to be getting them either Saturday or sometime early next week. The store still has not recieved the wheels. Yes I rather keep some performance over looks, in fact I saw 17's (chrome) on a CGP civic and it looked way too big, with our small brake rotors not complementing well. Plus I already have my car dropped 1.9-1.7 inch front-rear already, 17's may have a dysfunction with that on. New Civic Si's come standard on 17s, I think. But our cars are nearly a decade old now...we rock smaller wheels, lol.

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good! Mine are only 15's with a 2" drop, they look bigger than they are

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They don't look bad at all. I don't like the wheel choice much, but they're not all obnoxious like the majority of 17" wheels could. I'd keep them if you like them. :thumbs up

Commodore

back again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
16" was a good choice...what size tires did u get?
They are 205/45-R16s. BF Goodrich g-Sport. Not too shabby. The ride is good, the handling is responsive and grippy, and looks fantastic! More pics later today.

MidoriVTEC

5+ Year Member
15 will feel best for performance, but def dont go with 17's. had em, hated em, bad ride, bad wheel hop, bad all around. sorry

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL god... people on CC

its preference. do what you want. if your looking at performance get 15"s and slicks. everyone here thinks 17"s are too big for civics. They are right to an extent because 16's looks better dropped, gives you more space to drop. 17's are still nice with the right rims.

Commodore

back again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

some quick pics of my 16s. The oil change shop dented the front of my hood...I will be looking to get a new one soon, likely carbon fiber. Heck, the whole front bumper and lip needs to be repainted...so much paint damage and imperfections from daily driving.:x

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

some quick pics of my 16s. The oil change shop dented the front of my hood...I will be looking to get a new one soon, likely carbon fiber. Heck, the whole front bumper and lip needs to be repainted...so much paint damage and imperfections from daily driving.:x
Why did you get your oil changed at a shop, and are they paying for the hood?

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Commodore, yours don't look like 16s @all. Look more like 15s to me. Also, those tires are more like 205/50 or 205/55