Tyre R B pipe fit my 98 civic hatch???

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
will the B pipe...pipe between catalytic converter and muffler...fit my 98 civic hatch??
And should that B pipe fix my raspy exhaust because of the resonators in the B pipe??

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't see why not. Same body style. As long as the piping is the same.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The cat is a different length than the US ones IIRC. It's the same path though.

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright so... i need a full exhaust change. its raspy and want stock exhaust. I have a 1998 hatch with a JDM B18c. i have the ITR 4-1 header and ITR axle back. because i have mandrel bent B pipe, its causing it to sound raspy. i think if i get an oem b pipe with the resonators it should take care of the raspy-ness.

Here's my dilemma:
- Because my muffler and header are both ITR, should i get the B pipe and cat for GSR or ITR??
- is there much or any difference in the B pipe and cat for GSR vs. ITR?
- How much longer will everything line up?
- Will doing all this take car of the raspy sound?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be cool!

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it would probably be cheaper to have an exhaust shop put it in 2.5" piping from your cat to your axle back with a resonator in it...

how much is this pipe you want?

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know that the Type-R B-pipe is exactly 4.5" shorter than the GS-R B pipe......so what cat and B pipe do i go with to fit my 98 hatch??

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You trim the b-pipe. There's something like a $10,000 fine for selling a use catalytic converter which has not been reconditioned.

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
according to team-integra.net, i know The 94-99 GSR b-piping is 4.5" longer than all other 3rd gen Integra b-piping.

The 94-99 GSR header is 2 inches shorter than all other 3rd gen headers and the cat is 2.5" shorter than all other 3rd gen cat. converters.

so for my civic do i get gsr or itr cat and b-piping??
what are the lengths of a civic b pipe and cat compared to an integras gsr and itr??

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In the first post I read "Type R". I figured you meant a Civic Type R.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is a full ITR exhaust the same exact length from header to end of muffler as a 1998 civic hatch??