Speedometer Adjustment

rupehous

5+ Year Member
I own a 1999 Honda Civic Si and i do not know how to adjust the speedo on the car, it is about five mph behind. Please Answer

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
does your car have bigger after market rims on it?

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can't be adjusted, you'll just have to deal with it.
That's not true. There are special places you can go to get it adjusted, and yes rim size does have to do with it. I got some big trouble a while back due to some excessive speeding and I had to lawyer up.....he told me that maybe I should get my speedo tested/adjusted to see if it was giving an accurate reading (mainly because of rim size).

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's not true. There are special places you can go to get it adjusted, and yes rim size does have to do with it. I got some big trouble a while back due to some excessive speeding and I had to lawyer up.....he told me that maybe I should get my speedo tested/adjusted to see if it was giving an accurate reading (mainly because of rim size).
Where are these "Special places"? The speedo works on electrical pulses from the VSS, which moves the needle in the speedo. Show me something in writing on how to calibrate the speedo.It can't be done.