Code 14 iacv

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need to replace or clean my iacv, does anyone know if the iacv from a jdm d15b vtec interchanges with the iacv from a d15b7? I know the iacv froma z6 fits but I have a b7 intake complete left over from my swap(read:free parts for me).

This was answered on another forum. The answer s no.flat no.widebody jdm no.v-tec,no.

Last edited:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need to replace or clean my iacv, does anyone know if the iacv from a jdm d15b vtec interchanges with the iacv from a d15b7? I know the iacv froma z6 fits but I have a b7 intake complete left over from my swap(read:free parts for me).

This was answered on another forum. The answer s no.flat no.widebody jdm no.v-tec,no.
If you got them both, just see if it fits. I cleaned mine because I was throwing that code, but I still throw it, accept there's none of the symptoms I had before. I've kind of just forgot about it for the time being.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, there's a drastic physical difference in the two parts. I just wanted to be able to clean the b7 one and then install in the vtec without much downtime.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, there's a drastic physical difference in the two parts. I just wanted to be able to clean the b7 one and then install in the vtec without much downtime.
Clean the one that originally came with your motor. If that doesn't work, then find an exact replacement. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be new, because those are cash money. As long as you get it from a motor that doesn't throw that code, you should be dandy.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clean the one that originally came with your motor. If that doesn't work, then find an exact replacement. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be new, because those are cash money. As long as you get it from a motor that doesn't throw that code, you should be dandy.
Well the whole point for me is minimal down time. It's my only dd and I live in an apartment, so I'm not really afforded much time to have the hood up before the parking lot Gestapo starts passing out $25 tickets.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, so which do you have? If you can make a custom mounting plate so the screws line up, it should work. I was going to do that with a b18b1 IACV but if I made a custom mounting plate so the screw holes would line up, then the electrical plug was blocked.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I replaced the IACV with a new one, but I'm still throwing the code, so that isn't solved. I've given up on chasing it down, cause I'm not gonna hit the track anytime soon, and fuel mileage is still 30+ city. That's prolly no help to yu tho :( sorry.
[edit] I took time last night to check it again and did some research. Found this posted on another board http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/honda-idle-problems-92-95-civic-37845/
That fixed it for me. No more code, no more CEL, now to turn my idle down.

Last edited: