Seriously, hurricanes FTL.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, here we go again. It's funny, before Katrina there were maybe 3 bad storms in the last 60 years. Now it looks like we're getting another one almost 3 year to the day of the b***h's landfall.

Another storm in the gulf. Another hurrication. Except this time it won't be 2 days of goofing around untill the all clear signal. It's different now. You can see it in people's faces and hear it in their voices. We're scared and nervous and anxious. 5 years ago a storm like this wouldn't be treated seriously for another day or two. And by treated seriously, I mean making a hotel reservation, topping off the gas tank, or hunkering down with a few sheets of plywood and some candles. Now people are only talking about leaving- about heading far North, sure Gustav is coming right up the river.

I've heard talk of not coming back if this is another Katrina. For a New Orleanian, that's serious. For all it's faults, we still love this city. Few have given up on it. But this scares me.

We shall see what happens but right now it doesn't look good. Didn't mean to lay our problems on you guys but thought it might be interesting to some.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What? :???: there's another hurricane headed that way? Is this that "Gustav" one?

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
poetic maybe :lol: but true non the less, the climate will never stop getting worse & its sad to see a whole city slowly give up and just desert it.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hear ya....im not a big fan of hurricanes either....

granted, we didnt get katrina, but in 2 years we got charley, ivan, jeanna, dennis, and wilma...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i didn't realize there was another hurricane..

major boo.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it may not even hit here..... or it may be worse than Katrina. Ya never know but everyone will be more prepared that's for damn sure.

Me, my brother, and my girl are going to stay at my dad's hunting camp in western La, or if the storm heads towards there, we'll head north and get a hotel room. It better have broadband though 'cause the SOCOM beta comes out on Monday :lol:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:haha:

well, at least you have a plan. :P

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is gonna suck soooooo bad. If we have to cancle school, ima be pissed. I am not makin up that damn work. f**k HURRICANES!!!!

all that said, i'll take a hurricane over a tornado, earthquake and blizzard anyday.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This looks more like a "Gustav"

Katrina wasn't too bad for us, it was Wilma that wiped us out. Don't want another one of those for awhile.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ charley did it for us....buck nasty

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is gonna suck soooooo bad. If we have to cancle school, ima be pissed. I am not makin up that damn work. f**k HURRICANES!!!!

all that said, i'll take a hurricane over a tornado, earthquake and blizzard anyday.
you are totally nuts. earthquakes, ftw.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Katrina - truck motor
Rita - Integra motor
Wilma - truck, crown vic, rental property, boat. then mix in the rest of the keys being 5ft underwater...gnarly b***h that was :lol:
you are totally nuts. earthquakes, ftw.
Earthquakes a message.
It's the earths way of saying..."move."

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stupid hurricanes.

All they do is jack up our humidity.

And Rita screwed up our traffic for a week.

We could use a little rain...but NO. Down around Waco or Austin, they hang a right turn and head back towards Shreveport as a tropical depression.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b***h that was :lol:Earthquakes a message.
It's the earths way of saying..."move."

that was funny.

at least they don't happen often, at least not the ones you can feel, and there's no such thing as "earthquake season". :

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

that was funny.

at least they don't happen often, at least not the ones you can feel, and there's no such thing as "earthquake season". :
thats my point, that everything i listed is very unpredictable, you can track a hurricane for a week. if u dont move out the way, thats ur own damn fault. it reminds me of that Austin powers movie. When he is driving that flattener at 2 mph, but the guy doesnt move out the way.