Hood pop

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it looks like you got some piece of s**t ebay hood that didn't fit right, because your cheap broke ass couldn't afford something that did.

then again, that's what i'd think if i saw you or anyone like that. :what:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gangsta, im doin mine. you do yours.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think itll look better with a higher pop up, i mean, if its like a CM high then imo, i think its like your hood didnt line up right.. but if its high enough to where it looks like you modded it, then i give it a :thumbsup:

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think itll look better with a higher pop up, i mean, if its like a CM high then imo, i think its like your hood didnt line up right.. but if its high enough to where it looks like you modded it, then i give it a :thumbsup:
if your going that high up might as well get a cowl induction, oh wait, cowl inductions would look rediculous on a civic.
it's really up to you, if you like it, do it, but you might get s**t for it. and if you're one of those people who doesn't care what people think, you wouldn't be asking.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't mean that high; I just meant something around 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
half inch at the highest maybe will be ok. but still would look weird like he don't know how to line up his body parts. but i guess done the right way on the right car would look OK

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It looks gay, regardless of what's under the hood.

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont like them.. i saw a civic the other day with it.. and i just stared like..... wtf. i didnt even koe wat it is.. and honestly.. i dont think alot of people do know wat it is.. so to have them laugh and you to explain yourself.. i find it not worth it.. and isn't that against the JDM code??? to make our stock cars look like another stock car?? thats a bit over doin it. stock cars dont come like that. lol

My PiRRuÑa

5+ Year Member
I've done some research and most of the guys who do it it's for the purpose of better air induction for ITB's.
I have ITB's on my engine so I'm doing it! I think I wouldn't do it just for the looks.
That's my opinion, Thanks!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some people also do it to remove heat from inside the bay. The air going through the front grill passes through the engine and comes through the back. Not a bad idea for street/drag cars!

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd just get a vented hood than if your really worried about heat, making the lines look unclean just seems rediculous.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alex, your car can pretty much pull off anything. go with the hood pop. only listen to me cuz im telling you what you wanna hear.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate it. I call it the JDM hood slant. Pointless in my opinion, unless you got an eg with a k24 or h2b, or an ef with h or k.

ryanM

it seems like something you like, then DO IT. who cares what other people think.

ive gotten thumbs downs from people driving down the road before, mostly motorcycle drivers, but whatever

doesnt stop me from rocking my car how I want it.

the only thing that DOES stop me, is parts costing lots of money, and me not having it.