5+ Year Member
justin is a baller. he just doesnt like to brag :lol:

congrats on the kid connie.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new trcuk big ass tv and all kinds of new vidoe games every week. justin your iether a baller or your credit is shot to s**t! lol.....

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So my 5th gear vanished again this morning. Was told this on a miata forum.

Anyone know how to bleed a clutch? Should I just take it to a shop?

Yes, temperature certainly has something to do with it. Air and/or accumulated water in the system expands dramatically compared to brake fluid. Since every system has at least some of each in it, and both accumulate progressively with neglect of service, what do YOU think your chances are?? When temps rise, air and water vapor in the system expand, creating highly compressible "gas bubbles" in the pressure lines and in the master and slave cylinders, and you will have problems of the exact nature of those you describe.

Again, as I previously stated above, filling up the reservoir isn't going to "fix" anything here! By the symptoms you describe (they're as common as weeds as an result of clutch service neglect, BTW) at a bare minimum, your clutch system needs proper bleeding and flushing -- there's simply no alternative, and no way around it. Filling up the reservoir on top of contaminated fluid is a waste of good fluid. It will NOT make your problem go away -- or even mask it.

This does NOT appear to be some great horiffic problem, my friend. But it needs tending to immediately, or you could easily find yourself broken down and calling for a tow at a time and place not of your own choosing.

Unless you've got a failed (or failing) component (it's a possibility, as mentioned above), it's really very simply dealt with in less than 20 minutes if you have someone to help you bleed it.

Now this is just me, but I wouldn't risk driving your car around the block until it's properly bled and flushed. If you're unable to do it yourself, get a shop to do it for you.

Just tryin' to help, my friend. ;)

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you bleed a clutch the same way you bleed brakes except the bleeder is on the transmission

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ Yup. The Bleeder Valve Should Be On The Clutch Slave!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im On Big Javs Laptoper Right Now :d Someones Got A Nonsecured Network Around Here ... Man, I Need A Pc At Home Badly.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
coulda had a home pc if you didnt go swap the hatch hector haha

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
justin is a baller. he just doesnt like to brag :lol:

congrats on the kid connie.
new trcuk big ass tv and all kinds of new vidoe games every week. justin your iether a baller or your credit is shot to s**t! lol.....
Dont you have a 50' tv or something like that?

HA j/k man......
I only have one credit card and its only got a $500 limit. Jess and I just manage our money well. PLus we work a s**t ton of over time. Another month i be getting even more hours at work. And Jess is putting in 50 hour weeks right now. Plus if we had a baby on the way save would be turned on and we wouldnt be doing s**t for the reaons Connie said. She fears somethingg will happen.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks nice Umair, you buy it like that or that fast to mod?
i modded it. when i got it it had no lip, hood needed to be repainted, bumper needed to be repainted, and it came with steelies. it needed some other little things too, its almost finished.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i modded it. when i got it it had no lip, hood needed to be repainted, bumper needed to be repainted, and it came with steelies. it needed some other little things too, its almost finished.
Damn that was fast!