Z6 Vtec Head On A D15b7

K.O.S_88

K.O.S
5+ Year Member
I PAID 80 for head that would well what if i put the head on the d15b7 wut else would i would have to do if i did that and could i use the stock wiring harness and run a 1 wire for vtec?? i know i would need a new distributor and new timing belt and head gasket and could i use my same injectors from the d15b7 for the z6 head manifold ?? is this correct what else?

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you even tried searching here, HT, or google on mini-me's?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
take out the oil control orifice and go ahead and bolt down the head, I'd use a y8 head gasket b/c they are built better than a z6 and b7. I think you need a vx timing belt also.

SiBlue_EK

save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
are you trying to put a d16z6 head on a d15b7 block??

if so, that will not work

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
are you trying to put a d16z6 head on a d15b7 block??

if so, that will not work
where do you live that you've never heard of a mini me swap. Don't be so hasty to say that it can't be done, b/c it has been done thousands of times.

K.O.S_88

K.O.S
5+ Year Member
was wondering well if i bought the p28 wiring harness and ecu why would i have to use the wire to oil pressure to the wire sine i have the head with vtec solonoid shouldnt everything just connect up without doing no modifications with the wires????

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was wondering well if i bought the p28 wiring harness and ecu why would i have to use the wire to oil pressure to the wire sine i have the head with vtec solonoid shouldnt everything just connect up without doing no modifications with the wires????
If you have the z6's engine harness and ecu, then you'll be set

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you have the z6's engine harness and ecu, then you'll be set
if and only if your car is a 92,b/c they were the only year with it wired to the strut tower plug, and if you put the harness on, then it will plug up just fine. If your car is a 93-95, then you would still have to wire it up.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if and only if your car is a 92,b/c they were the only year with it wired to the strut tower plug, and if you put the harness on, then it will plug up just fine. If your car is a 93-95, then you would still have to wire it up.
Ah, didn't know that. Great info

K.O.S_88

K.O.S
5+ Year Member
o ok cuz i read that how to tech and it said that i have to wire it manually but i have a 92 eg