is there positive air compression in a D16??

yeahd00dshaun

5+ Year Member
wondering this because my spark plug wires wont stay on the damn spark plugs, so im getting a real shitty spark. I ran the car and tried pushing the spark plug wires down, but they pop right up. It sounds like air is squeezing out when i push them in.
I have NGK plugs and MSD wires.
Thinking about just buying new wires and trying those out. My car runs like s**t now and i need to get this fixed.:(
Any suggestions???

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well of course there's compression inside of your motor. That's how power is created. Have you thought to tighten the spark plugs? If you have, are you sure you haven't stripped them? Remove your plugs. Look at the threads, are the f**ked? If yes, replace. If no, continue. Re-install them to spec, and try again. If there's a leak you have a problem with either the threads on your head or the seating surface of your plugs. Or possibly, I don't know how, but maybe air is somehow crazily coming THROUGH the spark plug. Makes absolutely no sense, but who knows... My guess is they're loose.

yeahd00dshaun

5+ Year Member
yeah bro i just went out and double checked everything again. when i tighten up the plugs i dont feel the seal seat itself. i think the seal is bad. Also, the boot is super tight on all four plugs before i take it out for a drive and when i come back they are just barely f**king touching the spark plug.
So im going to buy new plugs now. Hopefully its fixed otherwise. Idk.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what's those words I'm looking for, blow back/blow by or something like that? Could mean that your motor is about to take a s**t. You might need a new one or to have that one rebuilt.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure the plugs are tightened correctly as well. ;)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mine was poping the last plug wire on the right out, figured out the f**kin plug wire was broke inside, and it wouldnt hold,check that s**t out , i got some ngk wire, no more problems