5+ Year Member
the same place you pick up synthetic blinker fluid

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Both the OP and everyone who posted in here is a moron.

To the OP -- That would come on a D15B Three-Stage VTEC motor. You can probably acquire one from HMOTORS online. However, it's very very very difficult to get three-stage to work correctly and requires a rather hard-to-find JDM ecu.

To the rest of you -- Read above. Know what you're talking about before you flame someone. Even if they deserve it.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Both the OP and everyone who posted in here is a moron.

To the OP -- That would come on a D15B Three-Stage VTEC motor. You can probably acquire one from HMOTORS online. However, it's very very very difficult to get three-stage to work correctly and requires a rather hard-to-find JDM ecu.

To the rest of you -- Read above. Know what you're talking about before you flame someone. Even if they deserve it.
and who the hell would want that motor? smarty pants

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and who the hell would want that motor? smarty pants
A lot of people. It's cheaper than a USDM Y8 or Z6 motor and has the same horsepower rating and higher compression. With the use of a P28 ecu and a standard SOHC vtec solenoid, it performs as well or better than the USDM counterpart.

Smarty Pants.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A lot of people. It's cheaper than a USDM Y8 or Z6 motor and has the same horsepower rating and higher compression. With the use of a P28 ecu and a standard SOHC vtec solenoid, it performs as well or better than the USDM counterpart.

Smarty Pants.
and you could get a b16 for what it costs to find that three stage ecu

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and you could get a b16 for what it costs to find that three stage ecu
Did you just fail to read what I said? I said people use it with a single stage solenoid and a USDM P28. Man, you're stupider than I thought.

And since when does the three-stage ECU cost more than ... say $150? Because unless you're buying hot merchandise, you're not going to get a B16 for that much. You'll just find one qucker.

Your responses are useless and uneducated, so stop posting.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I feel embarrassed for owning a 5th gen with all these idiots in here.

OP - Good luck with that. Hopefully you get that dialed in correctly!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
not all of the jdm d15b's have that 3 stage system,b/c it would mean that the valvetrain would be the same, which would be impossible. Maybe the 3 stage vtec-e version works the same with a single solenoid, don't know, don't care. The d15b that everybody wants is the single stage 130 hp motor with more compression,a hotter cam, and is basically a special de-stroked d16z6, with a special crankshaft and pistons. But the only reason you will need one of these is if yours is:
A. Missing
B. Broken
This thing isn't going to give you more vtec or anything, but they are quite a rare piece of s**t.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the problem with JDM motors. They have no numerical designation like the USDM and EDM motors.

There's like six different D15B's and like four D16A's. Three or four different B18C's. It's ludicrous.