USB port issue-

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whats up guys?
I got a 16gig thumb drive and popped into my USB port and it just says (I forget the exact text) but 'unreadable' or something of that nature. I can read the files on multiple computers and they're the same files on my 8gig thumbdrive so I know they're the right format.
Anything else I'm missing?
B

edit: The exact message is 'Unsupported'

Last edited:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
try a different usb port :what:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ haha i didnt even realize what section this was in. just saw it in the latest topics list :lol:

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes you can pop in a thumb drive or iPod using the ipod-to-USB cable and control it with the head unit.
B

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have an 09 without nav and it has the USB? i thought it was just the nav, thought they replaced the card reader with the usb

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have an 09 without nav and it has the USB? i thought it was just the nav, thought they replaced the card reader with the usb
Yes sir. 09 Si non-navi USB port in the arm rest storage. There is an AUX in up just below the forward power outlet. There is another power outlet in where the USB port is also.
B

The 8gig thumb drive is fine but the 16 won't work so I'm trying to figure out why not.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow..wonder how that hooks up in the radio..and if i coul just replace it with mine..hmm. my 06 ex has the aux port and outlet below the radio, and it has the outlet in the console too but nothing else in there

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow..wonder how that hooks up in the radio..and if i coul just replace it with mine..hmm. my 06 ex has the aux port and outlet below the radio, and it has the outlet in the console too but nothing else in there
I'm sure the most you'd have to do is replace the head unit, and I'm sure someone out there is selling theirs for some reason. . .
B