headlights dont work but high beams do? help me

badeddieb18

5+ Year Member
i changed my gauge cluster and while i was seeing if everything was working i discovered my head lights weren't working but my high beams work i checked the fuses and they were good and my radio comes on and functions but cant hear anything?

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i changed my gauge cluster and while i was seeing if everything was working i discovered my head lights weren't working but my high beams work i checked the fuses and they were good and my radio comes on and functions but cant hear anything?
check fuses again, sound like a fuse problem

CScivic22

5+ Year Member
i actually had the same problem in my old car the low beams would not go on but the highs would so i had to drive around with my highs at night just so i could see and not get a ticket. i never figured it out. so if you do let me know.

m1tanker

COMBAT VETERAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if its an aftermarket radio pull it back out and check the wiring(solid orange wire especially) i had this problem then i just repinned the clip on the back of the cd player and everything worked 100% and still does to this day. if its a stock head unit then i dunno wtf to tell you

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i actually had the same problem in my old car the low beams would not go on but the highs would so i had to drive around with my highs at night just so i could see and not get a ticket. i never figured it out. so if you do let me know.
failure to yield to traffic. you can get a ticket for that.

badeddieb18

5+ Year Member
i called the dude i bought the car from and he said that i have an hid kit that doesnt have low beams? i dont know if he was just bullshitting me but i took out my radio and the connector was loose thanks for all the help guys

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i called the dude i bought the car from and he said that i have an hid kit that doesnt have low beams? i dont know if he was just bullshitting me but i took out my radio and the connector was loose thanks for all the help guys
if thats the case then look and see if you have a ballast. if you do then hes not bsing you. some hid kits ore only single beam and to get highs and lows you would need a duel beam.

badeddieb18

5+ Year Member
if thats the case then look and see if you have a ballast. if you do then hes not bsing you. some hid kits ore only single beam and to get highs and lows you would need a duel beam.
you might be right with the single beam thing but there bright as s**t i dont wanna get pulled over for some dumb s**t like that hah

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you might be right with the single beam thing but there bright as s**t i dont wanna get pulled over for some dumb s**t like that hah
if it was aligned right you should be fine. brights point out more to show the road better where as your lows will point slightly down do not blind oncoming traffic. take it to a shop and have them check the alignment.