Undercar neon/led lights

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
Hi guys..

I have a 2001 civic gold colour...more like the picture below.

i wanted to put neon or led lights in the bottom. I heard they are installed in my area -> Greater Toronto Area in Ontario Canada for about $150 dollars.

Some people told me it is cheaper if i just buy the lights from the internet and put them on myself. I also heard they come with remotes and everything so i can turn them on with a remote and have them set up so that it blinks with the music in my car. I understand all that but i want to know some things:

How is it neon lights at the bottom or Leds?

I heard leds are better cause they dont blow out as easy as neons.

What colour would you think would look best under a gold civic?

Its such a colour that it becomes confusing for me to decide.

and What is the box called, that makes the lights blink with the music?

All i know is that it is a box that controls everything, sensitivity and etc.

Also, do you know any websites where i can purchase those lights, and the sensitivity setting box or whatever it is called? so that i can make the lights go with the beat?

thanks

tchurch

5+ Year Member
i have brand street glow new in box. it comes with remote and everything needed to run it. comes with clips for install and everything like that. let me know if you want it if not i'll install on my car. you can also get them from streetglow.com or www.ledunderbody.com.. hope this helps

bman11

5+ Year Member
check oznium.com got my interior lights there. pretty good site. def do it urself its dam easy. if u need help i can draw u some wiring diagrams. as for the music though oznium has things like that. and they have an awsome forum, the owner is always on giving advice. my personal choice for lighting.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im not a fan of neon lights, but just make sure you follow your laws in your state because i know they are very strict for neon on the exterior of your car.

civic99coupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You live in the GTA. I do aswell and I know that you can't have flashing blue or red in general. There were a few more exclusions, but I can't remember it now.

J-Tizzle

5+ Year Member
Its an easy install. There are plenty of how to's. As far as laws go, you can have any colour neons under your car but they can't be flashing or blinking or strobing while the car is in motion. Also, the bulbs can't be visible. I would go with a Street Glow kit because of their great replacement warranty. LEDs will give you better colour too.

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys but still the question remains:

LED or NEON ????

i heard led lasts longer but u tell me , ull know better =)

and what colour light would u recommend under that gold car.

i would think since blue neons goes with silver cars...

red neons would be nice with gold...

wht u guys say

sincivic_vx

5+ Year Member
LED's of you must. yeah they last loger. No fading and harder to break.
Purple goes good with gold.

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know this doesnt answer your question, but what purpose to led's or neons serve under your car? I'm pretty sure you'd be more likely to get pulled over because of it. They dont increase your visibility and theyre a distraction to other drivers on the road. I understand the interior lights, just to give a different look... as long as theyre only on when parked. They can help you see inside your car at night, etc.

It's 100% about looks, and in my opinion they just look stupid. If your car is an all out show car, maybe it looks alright and gets people's attention. But for a daily driver, i'd spend my money elsewhere.

by the way, ive also heard led's would be better than neons for under your car. supposedly there are led's that have color options... so you can change the color with your mood? :what: lol

pr0jectcivic

5+ Year Member
bro after u get the underglow get some lambo doors!!!
that would be mad tyyte yo.
panties would fall.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck...I am looking for a few neons to put under the dash/trunk...

lifeline89

fart can galour
5+ Year Member
led for sure.. brighter lower profile for under the car(great if the car is dropped) plus many of them have a coulor changing option so u cna switch threw hte 7 or w.e amount is there.. can flash to hte music(retarted tho unless at a show or haning out in hte wal mart parking lot. if u be rolling like dat den an only den is it PHAT an truely gangsterr) i have the street glow with the coulor opstion and only have them casue i am a fire fighter and use the blu n green to respond and have the white hooked up for ground lighting when the doors are open(a nice touch) def for inside tho. some of them are so thin you cant tell where they are if hiden well. but some are to bright. but deff with the led's.

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
led for sure.. brighter lower profile for under the car(great if the car is dropped) plus many of them have a coulor changing option so u cna switch threw hte 7 or w.e amount is there.. can flash to hte music(retarted tho unless at a show or haning out in hte wal mart parking lot. if u be rolling like dat den an only den is it PHAT an truely gangsterr) i have the street glow with the coulor opstion and only have them casue i am a fire fighter and use the blu n green to respond and have the white hooked up for ground lighting when the doors are open(a nice touch) def for inside tho. some of them are so thin you cant tell where they are if hiden well. but some are to bright. but deff with the led's.
:wtf:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

:thumbs up