Jseries V6 Swap

BBrads2000civic

5+ Year Member
Well after doing some long hard thinking i have decide to go with a J series V6 motor and a 6 speed tranny in my 2000 Honda civic Coupe i know ur all going to stay its a stupid swap but its my car and i wanna do it i have seen them in a 1992-1995 hatchback civic and they sound pretty good so im taking the test and going ahead with the swap how has anyone here done it or trying to do well post pics has the swap gets started here in a about 2 weeks thanks

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with that dude.

BBrads2000civic

5+ Year Member
why whats wrong with it Tim Beadle from Arizona Performance Imports is doing it in a 1996 - 2000 civic so i think it would be a hell of a swap to do

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its gonna be alot of custom work and fabrication .. good luck - keep us posted

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bro i dont think he is saying that its not a good idea or a bad swap i think he is just saying that it is a really tough swap to do .. and he may be saying it genuinely .. good luck .. please keep us posted though!

BBrads2000civic

5+ Year Member
ill keep you all posted when its done im thinking it should be done by aug and if any one u live hear Carlisle, pa it will be in the import show im hoping in 2010 so keep ur hear and eyes open ill post how everything is going

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive always thought it was too big of a motor, and somewhat underpowered for the price... but GL with the swap bro.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i live in the lehigh valley im not too far away from carlisle

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its been done several times to 5th gen civics. the only problem people run into is the hood wont clear. youll have to get a custom one or run without it.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For a daily driven car, that you plan to keep forever its a GREAT swap. 100% bone stock (honda reliability) with 275wtq, 245whp you cant go wrong.

However, the swap isnt an easy swap by any means. You WILL loose a lot of driveability, and things with it. The car will be a pig and very front heavy, it'll be strictly a straight line car.

I almost went with a j-swap, after studying wiring schematics and pricing everything. If i did 100% of the labor on my own, it could be done for 3500-4000 doing kind of the 'mid range' setup (no high end parts, but no cheap parts)

Good luck to you, keep us posted.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why whats wrong with it Tim Beadle from Arizona Performance Imports is doing it in a 1996 - 2000 civic so i think it would be a hell of a swap to do
bro i dont think he is saying that its not a good idea or a bad swap i think he is just saying that it is a really tough swap to do .. and he may be saying it genuinely .. good luck .. please keep us posted though!
:word:

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should be a sick swap. like phantom said it will be a monster with the numbers the j makes bone stock. which j are going with?

BBrads2000civic

5+ Year Member
i havent pick one out yet but im looking in to it and the motor mounts havent came out yet they only have them for the 92-95 civics

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ill believe it when I see it. G/L tho!