Screw trucks, I want a Honda

ryanM

you really shouldnt pull the fenders until you have the wheels on the car. its a lot easier that way and you can make sure the fitment is on point.

but what do i know, its not like ive ever dealt with wheel fitment before.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you really shouldnt pull the fenders until you have the wheels on the car. its a lot easier that way and you can make sure the fitment is on point.

but what do i know, its not like ive ever dealt with wheel fitment before.
Haha, I sense sarcasm. Yeah you got a good point. But I'm not going with a stupidly large flare because that looks dumb in my opinion. If it's not enough, then I'll just have to run some camber. I just ordered the wheels, they should be here in a little over a week. Now I need suspension so I can get low.

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking pretty good man - you waste no time eh?
nice choice on the sol - tho i think the crx is a bit cooler ...tho my bias comes with my budget lol

jerzfinest13

5+ Year Member
I dnt like CRX's either. I'll prfer a Del Sol over a CRX but then again, I'll choose a Civic over a Del Sol haha

But I want to see what you'll to this 1. Keeping my eye on this project.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just gained 10hp for the 'Sol...

And it wouldn't be complete without a snowman (according to 8 year old brother)

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neat.
I'm interested to see what it's going to look like when it's finished. So..hurry up.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm all for wide, low offset wheels. but damn. do something decent at least. sportwack is garbage. you can find tons of other 4x100 wheels in good sizes for miatas. 16x9 +10 would look great
I agree, I can't stand those wheels.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got a new driver side fender. It's not perfect, but it's more fixable then my other one. Put that on today and pulled/rolled that fender and started getting it ready to smooth it out with some bondo. Also prepped some tiny door dings for bondo as well.

I still need to roll the passenger rear fender but after that the fenders just need to be smoothed with bondo and they're good to go.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Aaaaiiiiggghhtttt boys and girls....got a decent amount done today (have been working on it but not updating)

-Interior fully gutted
-Door jam rust grinded, bondod, and puttied (needs quick sand)
-Driver rear quarter finished
-Passenger rear quarter grinded, bondod, 3 coats of putty (needs some more sanding and feathering)
-Rear emblem and spoiler holes shaved (needs a bit more sanding)
-Tiny rust spots on trunk lid, inside trunk, on panel edges all grinded and sanded

I gotta pick up some more sand paper but once I do that I can finish up the whole rear section of the car in about 5 hours. Then all that's left is the rust on the underside of the hood, rad support needs to be pulled, and front bumper needs a good couple hours at least.

Tried to look into some spray on sound deadener today. It's $30 for a 20oz can (pretty big). Or I can get a 50 square ft roll of Dynamat style product from Andres for $175 but I might need 2 rolls to do everything I want.... I still want to find a paint on product...suggestions?

Enough talk...

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the build man and keep us updated on it

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
hella sweeeeeet i love del sols i have had 2 and there is nothing more sexy than topless action!

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with the build man and keep us updated on it
I'll try my best. I just get lazy to update. Wheels/tires should be here tomorrow. Still gotta order up some full body coils, ASR subframe, rear sway bar, rear LCA's, full bushing set, trailing arm bushings. My goal is to make it as solid and smooth as possible, with the obvious stiff suspension. I want a healthy stiff though, no old worn bushings or ball joints. That's also why I want to sound deaden the whole car, I don't care if it weighs a bunch, I'm going for quiet solid ride.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say it everytime... i miss my sol. :(

if you want i have a mint targa top ill sell ya for a good price.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i say it everytime... i miss my sol. :(

if you want i have a mint targa top ill sell ya for a good price.
Mine is fully sanded right now and ready for paint, so I have no need for yours.

Going to be placing an order for 100 sq/ft of B-Quiet Ultimate to do the full interior and trunk. Also going to get a super thin foam and adhere that on top of the B-Quiet with a 3M spray adhesive as it's cheap, light, and would help a lot on top of the B-Quiet product. I'm going for a car as quiet as a BMW! :lol:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ready to paint now?
No no....

Still have to feather out the passenger side rear quarter and that one needs to get a lot of shape back so there will have to be a few more coats of putty yet and lots of sanding with a long block to get it formed right again. Rear spoiler and emblem holes have to be sanded with a long block to insure no high spots (I could do it with an electrical orbital but then it wouldn't take the shape of the rest of the flat trunk surface). Door jam rust needs to be sanded out, then just the front end needs the rest of the attention. Pulling out the rad support a bit and fixing up the hood. I had yesterday off work so I got a lot done, but now I'm working split shifts for awhile. Hopefully by Sunday evening I should have it ready for paint:cool:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just bought 100sq/ft of B-Quiet Ultimate. Wheels/tires should be here Friday. Still need some coils to get low though and the obvious body work and paint.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never understood y people liked sols, but atleast this build will be interesting...

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never understood y people liked sols, but atleast this build will be interesting...
x2 but once i rode in one i have to say it was more fun than my civic was. My miata now, that's another sport all together ;)

Nice build tho, good to see you're doing it right, looks like tons of work, end result will be very rewarding I'm sure :D