looking to make 180 hp on D16Y7. any ideas?

JasonxEHS

5+ Year Member
quick post ive got to go to work, i need help coming up with different ways or plans to make around one eighty hp with my D16Y7. everything is stock as of right now. please any ideas would be great. oh yeah by the way my motor has 32,000 miles on it so its in excellent condition. thanks in advance

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whoa! 32k miles? That's really good for a 6th gen civic. Unfortunately the only way to make that kind of power with that motor would be boost...which is pretty pricey, but a lot of fun! The good news is with that kind of mileage you wouldn't have to upgrade any of the internals except for like headstuds maybe.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A friend of mine hit 180hp on a NA Y8. He said it was the biggest mistake of his life because he spent more than if he wouldve boosted.

Booooost is your answer.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

boost is best

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why only 180? are you trying to beat someone in a race that has 180 hp?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boost isnt expensive if you piece together your own stuff. Thats roughly about the same number im looking for to from my y7 and if i feel to need to go higher then i'll invest more into it.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo that beast of yours and call it a day

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
almost doubling the power your motor already has by natural aspiration is really tough. if you're trying to make your car faster there are a lot of different ways than just making more power. search the how-to's and you will find a thread on how to make a 13 second civic without a swap but they did apply nitrous. there's a lot of good ideas in there focusing on other things than the motor.

nitrous set ups are relatively cheap btw

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i cant even remember the time my 6th gen had 30k on it. id say swap but its beggin for boost with such low miles. swap out the y7 mani for a y8 and boost

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A friend of mine hit 180hp on a NA Y8. He said it was the biggest mistake of his life because he spent more than if he wouldve boosted.

Booooost is your answer.

Wtf? Overbored to 2 liters or something?

One of those things I'll have to see to believe...

silverdino

5+ Year Member
booost that biaatch! haha make sure you do some internal work first if you plan to run high boost. i would say not to go over 8lbs on stock internals

JasonxEHS

5+ Year Member
thanks guys. now that im positive i want boost, what parts do i need to piece together this kit and from what companies. i just bought a d16z6 im from a friend for fifty cause im tired of my s**t pointing straight up. is there any kind of power i could get from swapping a Z6 manifold on my Y7? or what should i do.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys. now that im positive i want boost, what parts do i need to piece together this kit and from what companies. i just bought a d16z6 im from a friend for fifty cause im tired of my s**t pointing straight up. is there any kind of power i could get from swapping a Z6 manifold on my Y7? or what should i do.
small power gains from that... its better to sell both manifolds.. and buy a Y8 one.

warning! if you have a 5 speed car... buy a Y8 manifold for a 5 speed. otherwise... you need to figure out the IACV ....i never got mine working properly...

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get one of those intake superchargers for like 10 bucks on ebay and call it a day

oh, and those whistles that you put in your exhaust to make it sound like a turbo.

badass setup right there. pullin weight son