Seafoam Harmful to Cat?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not the Catalytic Converter. If there is anything on the catalyst, it'll burn off with the SeaFoam.

It will straight f**k up your pet cat. Not that you could get Fluffy to drink it anyway.

Most of the time, if it does any damage at all, it's to your pre-cat O2 sensor. It contaminates it and makes it switch weird so you get a CEL.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not the Catalytic Converter. If there is anything on the catalyst, it'll burn off with the SeaFoam.

It will straight f**k up your pet cat. Not that you could get Fluffy to drink it anyway.

Most of the time, if it does any damage at all, it's to your pre-cat O2 sensor. It contaminates it and makes it switch weird so you get a CEL.
So have you had experience using seafoam to get rid of a CAT CEL? I have a CEL saying that its my cat. I'm planning to put in an old o2 sensor while i run the seafoam for a little bit, but im hoping it would clean out my cat so i can pass smog in a month.

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
seafoam is for cleaning engine build up and carbon deposits on valves and the pistons. ive used before and it never threm a code. as for cleaning the cat, i dont know. but make sure the code is relating to the cat, sometimes it will be a cat code but it is thrown from another source. if you do the seafoam just make sure you regulate the flow so it doesnt kill the motor and do it outside( it will smoke alot out the exhaust) we do this type of service at my work all the time, never had any ill effects.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i just used some last week in my old lx, and she love's this s**t, gas milage has so far improved over where it usually.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the smoke shows caused by SeaFoam. s**t is awsome!

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So have you had experience using seafoam to get rid of a CAT CEL? I have a CEL saying that its my cat. I'm planning to put in an old o2 sensor while i run the seafoam for a little bit, but im hoping it would clean out my cat so i can pass smog in a month.
if you have a low efficency code i would change the 02s first.

thermalstorm

5+ Year Member
The best way to use seafoam is to disconnect a main vacume line such as brake booster or pcv valve and let it suck it in all by it self. You will hae noticible results.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did seafoam on my car (1/3 in brake boost vacuum line and 1/3 in gas tank) when it had around 160-170,000 miles on it. I blew the pre-cat O2 sensor within 30 seconds of driving :lol:.

I'm thinking about doing it again. Rolled 200,000 2 weeks ago.