My "D" light keeps blinking

skindy

The Queen
5+ Year Member
So, before I have someone tow my car to get it looked at, I figured maybe I'd post in here and see if you guys could give me some ideas to try myself. I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX!

The problem:
I turned the car on and immediately noticed that my "Check Engine" light came on. I thought nothing of it at the moment and put my car into drive and started to accelerate. It accelerated for maybe 20 seconds (going past 5mph) before I could feel like a small jerk (like as if my car just went into neutral) and my drive light (the "D" on the dashboard) starts blinking. I can't accelerate at all and basically now I'm just coasting along.

I turned my car off and turned it back on.

This time, instead of putting it into drive and accelerating, I just put it into drive and wait. Approx. 15-20 seconds I can feel the small jerk again and the "D" is blinking again.

My car was fine the day before. I didn't feel any slipping with the transmission at all or anything funky with it. I checked my transmission fluid and I've still got plenty. I searched online for the problem and the solution and a lot of people have suggested taking it to an AutoZone to pull the error codes for free. This would work if I could get my car to move from it's parking spot.

So I'm hoping maybe there is something else I can do before I cave in and pay someone to tow it and take it to a shop. I hope I gave you guys enough info!

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get it scanned, and figure it out from there.

skindy

The Queen
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I know I should do that eventually (as stated in my post) but I was hoping to get some other ideas before I have to get it towed to get it scanned. Thanks though =)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you live close enough to advanced or autozone, borrow their scanner, run home, scan the code, then bring it back. :lol:

Can you jump the service connector on 7th Gens like you can with 6th Gens?

skindy

The Queen
5+ Year Member
If you live close enough to advanced or autozone, borrow their scanner, run home, scan the code, then bring it back. :lol:

Can you jump the service connector on 7th Gens like you can with 6th Gens?
Haha, I wish they WERE that lenient! ;)
As for your question, I don't know but it would be helpful :(

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so...will the engine run when its just idleing and no problems? is it just when you try and drive or put it in drive?