Clean As Hell Welcome

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so how much did you pay for that pretty lady anyway?

SkizzorHandz

5+ Year Member
dudeeeee im so jealous i have a '99 ex identical to this but not near as clean... i m jealous of that a/c bezel lol the guy that had mine before scuffedd mine up real good. welcome btw

1CleanEM

Keep it clean...
5+ Year Member
Wow.

Mind sharing how much you picked it up for?
so how much did you pay for that pretty lady anyway?
The car was listed for $8000. I ended up talking the owner down to $7,600 but that's as low as he was willing to go. He actually took it to a Honda dealership and had them look at it but they wouldn't give him what he was looking for so he sold it privately. Honda told him if they bought it from him they would have put it on the lot for $10,000. I'm happy with what I picked it up for as good as the condition is. Kelly Blue Book is $7,860 on it with the millage. Believe it or not..lol it still smells like a new car when you get in it. :D

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Man I miss new car smell...My car smells like ass, cigarettes, weed and other weird s**t =(

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome man and nice find! its so much nicer to get 1 already mint than to make it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome man and nice find! its so much nicer to get 1 already mint than to make it.
:word: the only way to get that new car smell is with a new car unless you buy all new interior from honda :roll:

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you should only do subtle mods if any at all.... Looks great the way it is.

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you got a good deal. It may have been a little more than most em1s are selling for, but there are so few left in as beautiful condition and with such low mileage. Really nice pickup, I'm jealous. :thumbs up

1CleanEM

Keep it clean...
5+ Year Member
you should only do subtle mods if any at all.... Looks great the way it is.
Exactly, I'm planning on the first mod being to lower the car. I really don't want to slam it or anything crazy because of where I live the roads are really crappy and I don't want to break my lip off or anything. But it being stock ride height bugs me..haha. I'm thinking about going with Eibach Sportline Springs. I've had H&Rs and Skunk2's before, but a buddy of mine that owns a local import shop suggested trying out Eibachs. I've heard great things about them so I think I'm going to go that route. What do you guys think?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
um wow you should just leave it exactly like that. that deserves to be in a museum
:word:
If I had an EM1 like that id probably donate it to the Smithsonian.

As much as I hate them, just put Tein S-Techs on it dude. Itll give you a subtle drop and youll retain most of your ride comfort.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
u should stick with OEM honda accessories and parts. for suspension, look for some CTR components = factory track/street tuned suspension with a mild height drop. a car in that good of condition deserves more than low budget aftermarket stuff. imo too much of a drop and it will lose its "virgin" appeal. so just take your time and do it right :thumbs up

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
minty ass pickup sir, treat it good, and if we see a kit or anything ricey expect a CC beatdown

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: is all that I can show to explain my reaction.