Radar tickets starting July,1st 2009

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you SPEED ? New way the state will send fines in mail! Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. One mile per hour over the speed limit and the machine will get you a nice $375.00 ticket in the mail. Beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois will begin using the speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise insurance rates.
This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit involving PHOTO speed enforcement. The State already has two camera vans on line issuing tickets 24/7 in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45 MPH. Photos of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken. Pass this on! In the current economy, the state will be looking for your $$'s.
http://www.dot.state.il.us/safetyEng/FactSheet_032608.pdf

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one needs to find the locations... get a group of people... and drive doing 35 to back up traffic.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
taking money from us is like taking money from yourselves you stupid peice of s**t mother f**kers. f**k. our money isn't goingt resolve your f**king debts you f**ked up as state/country. you guys f**ked up. face it.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tell us how you REALLY feel, Hecz! this just adds to my list of reasons of why i dont want to live here any more.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ever ask why only in construction zones? maybe workers are actually getting killed by idiot drivers?.. just a thought

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ever ask why only in construction zones? maybe workers are actually getting killed by idiot drivers?.. just a thought
I dont know about there... but I hardly see workers in construction zones. Then again it takes them 2 years to get anything done around here

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are already hefty fines in place for that; 10k and up to 15 year in jail..

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh... contruction zones, oh kay, makes sense. reading owns me. :(

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: and very rarely are they ever enforced, just don't speed...

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My understanding it going to work just like the traffic light camera.. so yeah they will be enforced.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its just you. they're getting smarter.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t in London they use GPS to charge you tolls for all the roads you use in a month. At least were not there yet...

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**king politicians are what's screwing things up.. And that fact that people are just letting thing happen................pfft..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i can't wait for the first lawsuits to happen

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What the f**k, that's so not well thought out. What if you're speeding in someone elses car??!!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t i drove through 3 zones on the way home yesterday, I was going 15mph over and it felt dangerous as everyone else was going at least 30mph over, this is going to kill someone....