I like my strup header =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

this one...
cant remember the name of it right now...

hope PhntmSk8r doesnt mind the use of this image...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
rmf narrow header...if you look back a few pages youll see i was actually about to buy it! but i didnt cause i got something else...i love that header!

so ive been doing alot of thinking yesterday and today, and this is my new plan.

im going to hold off on the bbs's for now, the car needs front brakes (which i should be getting today or tomorrow) and then im gonna start getting ready to take the engine out.

while its out im going to upgrade the master cylinder to an ITR 1" MC (because of the 5 lug conversion) and i also need to get a 99-00 si prop valve. and i also plan on getting a skunk 2 intake mani and throttle body so i will be doing that while its out. i also want to clean up the block and paint it with that silver engine paint to make it look minty fresh. i also wanted to respray the engine bay, but im not sure which color i should go with. any suggestions?

oh and while the engine is out i plan on going back to b16 tranny and getting a lightweight flywheel, i want to focus on going fast lol i think the exterior will hold me over for a few months

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're not gonna match the bay to the exterior then I say go with black or dark gray.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you paint the engine bay its going to kill it dude.. Leave it the way it is. Id also ditch the idea of the lightened flywheel. Drive a car with one and you might change your mind.

Can you make your wing less aggressive and post pics? Ive always wondered how it would look more aggressive than OEM, but less aggressive then what you have it at now..
lulz at least its not pics of some riced out POS
There you go again lol...:roll:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well this is how my engine bay looks currently (pic about 3 months old)

i never liked mismatched engine bays...
its been black for about a year

If you're not gonna match the bay to the exterior then I say go with black or dark gray.
well its already black....i just dont know if i should go back to red.

already black guys...sorry lol

If you paint the engine bay its going to kill it dude.. Leave it the way it is. Id also ditch the idea of the lightened flywheel. Drive a car with one and you might change your mind.

Can you make your wing less aggressive and post pics? Ive always wondered how it would look more aggressive than OEM, but less aggressive then what you have it at now..

There you go again lol...:roll:
the bay is already black, and my friend has a gsr motor/itr trans with an 11 lb. flywheel and the car just rips...i wouldnt go with anything lighter than like 11-12 lbs.

as far as the wing ill do it my next day off because i work the next few days...

and cmon dude...im not allowed to be proud of my car?

anyway....on another note i installed my 96-00 EX lower control arms (so i can run a sway bar) today along with energy suspension bushings...im very happy with the difference of the way the car rides.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol at people being mad at you for being e-cocky. Who really gives a f**k?

As for your bay, I though once you went black you never go back... :lol:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lol at people being mad at you for being e-cocky. Who really gives a f**k?

As for your bay, I though once you went black you never go back... :lol:
i mean, all i said was at least its not some riced out POS....how was that bad? i was just stating that at least its not a car with mismatched body pieces and some 18 inch rims....geez.

i think the black bay compliment everything so well....like imo the spoon covers would look stupid in a red bay, know what i mean? i just had a thought of going for a crazy color!

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think the Spoon covers would necessarily look bad on red. You have green tein dampers...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah thats true, i just kinda feel like it would be too much red. but maybe not. UGH!

i think im going to go back to red...

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say go back to red man. If you paint the block silver and really clean up the bay, that s**t would look dope. Spoon socks would still look great :thumbup:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I say go back to red man. If you paint the block silver and really clean up the bay, that s**t would look dope. Spoon socks would still look great :thumbup:
thats my plan!

doing my first official photoshoot wednesday =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt realize the bay was black..
paint it red..