Used d16Y8

esco4more

5+ Year Member
I just bought this a month ago tell me what you think

Ractive Intake
Ractive Headers
Walbro Fuel Pump

I NEEED alot of advice so anyone willing to give throw it in!!

I Bought it with a little fender bend but i thats the least

I already changed my head lamps and fogs they were rather old brown when i got it but it was an addition to the car

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New wheels, paint lip & grille. Fix your hood, looks higher on the right side.

esco4more

5+ Year Member

ok thanks you think the hood lift comes from the fender bend?.. or is it the hood itself?... and where do you recommend i look for some tight wheels i was thinking of 18s and keeping these to play with because there mad light!
Also what color you think I should paint the lip and grill?... I think it looks kinda cool with the color variations maybe i can be wrong?.....

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
18s are too big for most peoples taste. But other than what he said i think those cheap looking side markers need to go... other than that not bad for a 4 door

esco4more

5+ Year Member
Ok should I get them blocked by a body guy or should i use something else there and where can i find some nice wheels.. ill post what im thinking of getting

esco4more

5+ Year Member
These are the wheels im thinking of getting

what you guys think?
But why do you think 18s are too big i got a friend that has 19s on his coupe but he doesnt really race or anything more like for looks and i dont intend to race with those wheels either.. let me know if its not recommended or something

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking nice mate for a four door. try get some of them 50/50 tail lights and sod the amber ones off. u looking for style or performance?

my opinion is i dont like universal fitment alloys with all them holes.

gabo

5+ Year Member
Get a CAI or build it yourself, a lot of DiY´s on this page... Polish your headlights a few DIY´s on this page too...

hcivic97

5+ Year Member
nice man i have a 97 dx myself and i love it i dont race it or anything and i have 18s they ride nice just watch for any form of pot holes. lol althought looks good. just waiting till i get my s2k.

esco4more

5+ Year Member
looking nice mate for a four door. try get some of them 50/50 tail lights and sod the amber ones off. u looking for style or performance?

my opinion is i dont like universal fitment alloys with all them holes.
Yes i am looking for performance and also looks Im kinda thinking of going into everything although i know 18s wont be the best to use for performance i dont intend to race everytime i drive its more or less a swap when needed situation.. but what are 50/50 tailights.
and the term sod? what does that mean
And Im actually somewhat like you when it comes to rims but its was the style i am refering too not the exact rim

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what is a CAI and when you say polish my headlights what do you mean?
thanks
CAI=cold air intake
the only real options you have for performance with the SOHC is Turbo/Super charger. Or you could swap out the engine

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well its a 4 door so obviously its meant to not really go fast. If you drop the rim size and drop the car down low then I think it would look alot better without your obama wheels....

esco4more

5+ Year Member
CAI=cold air intake
the only real options you have for performance with the SOHC is Turbo/Super charger. Or you could swap out the engine
IF I GO SUPERCHARGED ISNT THERE ANYMORE THINGS I SHOULD DO TO MY BABY I KNOW FOR SURE IMMA HAVE TO CHANGE PISTONS RODS ETC ISNT THERE A KIT THAT COMPLETES THIS? AND WHAT ABOUT IGNITION LIKE MSD´S ETC AND WHERE DO I FIND A GOOD SUPERCHARGER OR TURBO FOR HER THATS MY CAR IM REFERING TOO

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh boy, research owns you. you can read all about it on here or honda tech.com or Dseries.org or turboD16.org

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes i am looking for performance and also looks Im kinda thinking of going into everything although i know 18s wont be the best to use for performance i dont intend to race everytime i drive its more or less a swap when needed situation.. but what are 50/50 tailights.
and the term sod? what does that mean
And Im actually somewhat like you when it comes to rims but its was the style i am refering too not the exact rim
its the lights that are half clear and half red. it might just be me am not a fan of the amber lens i think it dates the car. and the clear ones look alot fresh and seen as you have the clear side markers, to go with.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for very little $$ you can paint your driver's side trim, front lip, and fog light covers. If you want you can also get the fog light yellow tint filt already pre-cut. IMO it looks nice. You can also paint your mirros, your grill, and de-badge your care, everyone knows its a honda civic...

minimeswapEX98

5+ Year Member
you could get like maybe 4 or five more hp by completly removing all ac (piping, compressor, fan, take of the belt) and power steering.