Sound System Suggestion

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
I decided to get some tunes for my 99 hb and i went with the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD 2DIN h/u and a 10' L7 Kicker.... Im planning to get some front n rear speakers probably gonna go with some fosgates.. my question is wat type of amp should i get? L7s are rated at 750W. fosgate amp preferably. oh and the sub came w the factory box. the audio place said it mattered i have no idea. any help would be great thanks.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if the box that came with it is actually kicker then it was designed specifically for that speaker, so it should sound a lot better. just get a mono block amp. are the L7s rated at 750 rms or max?

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if the box that came with it is actually kicker then it was designed specifically for that speaker, so it should sound a lot better. just get a mono block amp. are the L7s rated at 750 rms or max?
False.

Those kicker preloaded boxes are absolute s**t. they're tuned high and the boxes are quite small

enjoy your muddy bass :P

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
Those kicker preloaded boxes are absolute s**t. they're tuned high and the boxes are quite small
x2

and fosgate stuff sucks now. its not owned by the same company. and i promise if you run 750 watts to that L7 10" with any sort of bass boost, then you'll blow the voicecoils right off of the spider. i know, i've blown 2 with about 750 @ 1 ohm.

to answer your question, it depends on how much money you want to spend. Lanzar is a good basic amp for cheap. i had one for about 2 years and it still ran strong. JL Audio Slash series amps are great amps. HIfonics have good stuff as well. All depends on your budget.

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
well heres the specs from the site:

ModelSolo-Baric L7 10 Size (IN.,CM)10, 25.4
Impedance (OHMS)2 or 4 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)*1200/600
Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m)86.8
Frequency Response (Hz)24-100
Mounting Depth (IN.,CM)6-1/4, 15.9
Mounting Cutout, Square (IN.,CM)9-5/16, 23.7
Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters).66, 18.7
Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters)1.0, 28.3
Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)**1.25, 35.4
Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)**2.25, 63.8

now im not sure if theyre the same specs for all the different years mines an 06 i believe. i cant dl the owner manual on my PS3 :P

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
x2

and fosgate stuff sucks now. its not owned by the same company. and i promise if you run 750 watts to that L7 10" with any sort of bass boost, then you'll blow the voicecoils right off of the spider. i know, i've blown 2 with about 750 @ 1 ohm.

to answer your question, it depends on how much money you want to spend. Lanzar is a good basic amp for cheap. i had one for about 2 years and it still ran strong. JL Audio Slash series amps are great amps. HIfonics have good stuff as well. All depends on your budget.

then should i go with an amp that outputs less than 750w rms? im not trying to shake the ground or anything i just want it to sound decent

and amp wise i dont know wat specs to look for with this type of sub

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
budget? less than 1k for the rest of the system n i want it to be clear and crisp with some nice bump to it. its jus for me anyway im not trying to attract too much attention. dont wanna get robbed now do we ;)

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
i can build a box but a good one? not so much lol i dnt knw my ins n outs with them. why are kikers n fosgates so bad?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they switched over to cheap materials. not as well put together as they used to be. lanzar would be a good system for the money. thats what i got and i think it sounds pretty good.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only good lanzar products are the opti's which cost coin.

so op u wanna spend 1k on speakers, speaker amp, sub, and sub amp?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only good lanzar products are the opti's which cost coin.

so op u wanna spend 1k on speakers, speaker amp, sub, and sub amp?
ive had 2 different vectors, and theyve done pretty good. im not doing performance sound competitions, and they work for me. boxes arent hard to make, if you can find the volume of a cube then you can do the hardest part of designing a box.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ssa icon 12/ sundown 1000 559 http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SSA-Icon-12D2-%2b-Sundown-SAZ%2d1000D-Combo.html

precision power ppi 356cs 139 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17121_Precision+Power+PPI+356CS.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle#

mb quart dsc 450(does 200x2 bridged @ 4 ohms) 100 http://woofersetc.com/p6839/DSC450--MB-Quart-4-Ch-400-Watt-Amplifier.htm

798 before shipping

can u find a good box builder?

if so, box will be. 2.50 cu.ft. tuned to 32hz sub up, port up.

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
well i already have l7's and i would like to keep those for now im just looking for a suitable amp to power it. ill keep your recommendation in mind though for the near future

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not worth it to spend money on a box for the l7 so sell it and get the comps. then save up for the sub/amp package.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cheap but nice sounding speakers are alpine typ r's thats what i have in my car, w/ a mtx sub and and some 12inch amp w/ box my gfs dad gave me..basicaly my speakers have always sounded nice, and had pretty good bass, now w/ sub/amp i dont play bass through my speakers and omg..sounds incredible, especially for the price