Body kits??

'96 Civic man

5+ Year Member
Im looking for a body kit that will look pretty damn awesome, but not make me broke.. u guys have any suggestions??

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont..go w/ a lipkit and slam it or lipkit and some SI rims..itll be around the same price and wont look like s**t

'96 Civic man

5+ Year Member
so u think a body kit is a bad idea? and wat do u think about lambo doors?:D

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you like it go for it man just saw this advertisement on this page lol http://www.customblvd.com/ idk if theyre trustworthy tho :???:
but if you do go with body kit and lambo doors your guna get a lot of hating let me tell you that

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bodykits cost a bit, they dont last and dont look good imo..
lambo doors dont look good on a civic..its a civic not a lambo lol
also..i know ur going to ask so ill answer u now..no loud ricer exhaust either lol
and no, theres no cheap way to make ur D series engine go faster ;)

'96 Civic man

5+ Year Member
ya, i c wat u guys r sayin, i think it should be lowerd a few inches with some nice black rims.. that will prolly look pretty good im hoping

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya, i c wat u guys r sayin, i think it should be lowerd a few inches with some nice black rims.. that will prolly look pretty good im hoping
yes..stick w/ that honestly rims, lowering it and maybe a mugen lip or oem lip..makes a huge dif..

'96 Civic man

5+ Year Member
ya nad with that d16y8 engine to get 300 hp its gonna cost u like 4000-7000 $$ and i dont have that kind of money.. considering i only got the civic for 50.00;)

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no..not that much for only 300hp..honestly with a D series u got to go turbo..or go w/ a B swap

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The only prob with the car is the back glass got busted out, and it has some really gay wheels!!
Hey, don't be dissing those hubcaps! :cool:

If you like the style, ride on steelies with no hubcaps until you can get the rims. Just clean 'em up, maybe put on some rattle can black if they need it.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't throw all body kits out just because 90% of them look like trash. Do what you want with your car, it is YOURS after all. I would suggest something clean and tasteful; if your going with a body kit don't get one that is wild and super low. Avoid any bumpers that have lots of curves and conflict with the body lines of the car.

JDM/OEM is going to be your best bet as far as fitment and quality. Most people avoid body kits because they don't offer anything close to 'out of the box' fitment and the majority look terrible. Just keep your car clean, and fix the problems before you go blow loads of money on the body kits and junk, thats rice.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do not buy a body kit, please?