Cel - P0138

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understand that the code is an " o2 Circuit High Voltage, Bank 1 Sensor 2 "

Ive been trying to search around for how to fix this but no go on that end.

So, how would I go off to solve this? The o2 itself is relatively new. Its universal so I made sure I connected the wires properly to the oem wires which ends to the female plug.

Also, for some odd reason this CEL code ALWAYS comes on when the weather is moist [ I find that super odd ]. I for sure think there couldnt be any type of moisture leaking in the wires where they were connected [ used heat shrink tubes ] and also, if the CEL would to come on after ive reset or clear the code, it would randomly come back on at 60mph. It hesitates for a bit at 60mph then a few seconds later the CEL would come on.So now im stumped.

Side notes just in case : Engine : y7 but is using a y8 header and y8 cat not sure if that would help but its something.

- Thanks in advance
Sammo.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before sleep bump.

RonJ

Banned
Did you replace the primary O2 sensor due to code P0138 and the code persisted after replacement? Or did P0138 only show up after replacing the sensor?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
P0138 only started showing up after I replaced it.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you sir. I'll recheck my splicing and the rest of the wires.

Oh btw would it matter on the quality of the wire in which I used to extend them?

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's likely a problem with the quality of your cut and splice rewiring job.
ok i have the same problem, but im pretty sure i did a good job on my rewiring job as i saudered and shrink tubbed them, could i have messed it up somehow?

RonJ

Banned
ok i have the same problem, but im pretty sure i did a good job on my rewiring job as i saudered and shrink tubbed them, could i have messed it up somehow?
Thank you sir. I'll recheck my splicing and the rest of the wires.

Oh btw would it matter on the quality of the wire in which I used to extend them?
Just for clarification, you both know that P0138 indicates a problem with the secondary O2 sensor circuit not the primary O2 sensor circuit, right?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes sir. I do know that.

I gues I can redo the wiring job and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for the help and suggestion RonJ...U the man!

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. with wiring diagrams. I panic and i start seeing blah blah blah blah on the paper. LOL i swear it took me 2 hrs to just wire my deck O_O and its just plug and play LOL

I'll give that diagram a shot though. Thanks again RonJ :thumbup:

RonJ

Banned
Haha. with wiring diagrams. I panic and i start seeing blah blah blah blah on the paper. LOL i swear it took me 2 hrs to just wire my deck O_O and its just plug and play LOL

I'll give that diagram a shot though. Thanks again RonJ :thumbup:
The biggest problem with the diagram and the reason I didn't post it earlier are that some of the voltage troubleshooting requires an above-average scan tool.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure you use the same Gauged wiring when creating a extension.

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah man are you saying i gotta rewire? im pretty sure my saudering was good enough, i even electrical tapped the outside from the weathering. i believe it could be my wire guages as they were only a slight bigger