d16y8 cheap mods to make it faster? no boost!

HAZARDOUScivic

5+ Year Member
hey im new around here i just wondering if any one knows any cheap mods to make my d16y8 a lil faster or get some horse power? im want to stay all motor for know if you know of anything let me know! i already have cold air intake,headers,stage 1 clutch(pointless i know), borla exhaust..:?::?: thanks

im going to a community collage i taking collision repair this is my lil project
my ride before

after

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well you have the basic I/E/H setup. Its a mild setup for a lil get up and go. For what you want, you need to start by working on the internals for the motor and head. Try searching for ALL MOTOR D16 on google.

HAZARDOUScivic

5+ Year Member
thanks i thought about throwing new cam+gears but i just thought with the money ill spen on that i can use for swap i just dont know what swap to go with

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You have one header, and one cam gear. An upgraded cam will require tuning. If you have the extra money for it, go for it. Don't expect much more than 10-15 hp gain from the cam though.

How much money do you have to spend? How much power are you looking to get when your done with your car?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have done IHE and dont want a turbo, I would go with cams and a 50 shot with a little tune. You will notice a huge difference.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Props for someone with the same wheels as me. ;)

The only way* to make a Civic fast is forced induction or a swap. :what:

* You could have a fast N/A Y8 Civic, but that'd be expensive and difficult compared to the other options. And it's still not going to be nearly as fast as forced induction or a swap.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all motor is the expensive way to go slow

with that said. i guess you could do a high comp single cam...although it wouldnt be worth the time/money.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well you can get hondata and go get the car tuned. It will probably get you around ~10whp and a little better gas mileage, but that's pretty much as fast as it's going to get without boost or internal engine mods.

revolver5446

5+ Year Member
All these threads drive me nuts! Boost dude! Nuf said. Can't do jack with a Sohc Engine with out boost!
Cheap way... Attach a leaf blower to your intake and put it on full blast should give like 200hp minimum...:shock:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cheap way... Attach a leaf blower to your intake and put it on full blast should give like 200hp minimum...:shock:
Um...no. A leaf blower wont do anything. The engine itself has more vacuum than a leaf blower can blow, so it'll just restrict the engine more than anything else.

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
if you know what your doing and install the nitrous right and get the proper plugs you dont have to worry about blowing it up. best $350 bucks you'll spend!! and get a bottle warmer and dont use the WOT if the kit comes with it

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All these threads drive me nuts! Boost dude! Nuf said. Can't do jack with a Sohc Engine with out boost!
lmao with the picture, yes theres alot of newbies here and i hate these threads also. swap, fawk the nos it blows literally