>>*Ebay hedders/othersbrands, for D15-d16 motor (dipstick clearance)????

typerspec

5+ Year Member
i got a question,

is it true that some headers brands or in general eBay hedders block the oil dipstick enough to not have clearance to put back on the dipstick and check for oil???
This guy told that some hedders don’t clear the oil dipstick me idk if it is bullshit???:crazy:
Did anyone come across this problem with hedders??????

Im getting this brand in the pic i need a cheap replacement ASAP, because my exhaust manifold cracked and planning to get this? Do I need to worry about clearance issues for the oil dipstick???

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy The Black One, It Will Look More Stock.......and Plus I Have Pass Smog With One Of The Back One...

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy The Black One, It Will Look More Stock.......and Plus I Have Pass Smog With One Of The Back One...
Do you really think the exterior coating of the header will make a difference in your smog results?

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you really think the exterior coating of the header will make a difference in your smog results?
i haded the ebay (black) one, and they didn't say anything about the Header and i passed SMOG...

typerspec

5+ Year Member
theyll be fine. no clearance issues
so this particular one is fine in the pic? this guy at work told me that some ebay headers or headers in general have clearance issues with the dipstick, like you cant put it back on because its in the way, that's bull yea?

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor
It bolted right up and has been going trouble free for around 55,000 miles so far, the only thing that has happened is some heat color turning it blue.
Which reminds me, becareful and make sure you wipe the pipes down before running it for the first time or you'll forever immortalize your finger prints on them... and when the pipes start to heat and color it'll ruin the coloring.

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
oh ok sounds good.. do these ebay headers add anything to the performance of the engine? or they are pretty much jus for show?

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor
oh ok sounds good.. do these ebay headers add anything to the performance of the engine? or they are pretty much jus for show?
The stock header is quite constrictive, so you'll probably nab a few HP, but that's not what's important. Too many people get caught up with top end HP. The midrange is where you spend most of your time driving. Doing an intake, header and exaust will allow the engine to breath and add probably 10HP at the top end, but where you'll notice is a nicer, crisper response and it'll snap a lil harder.

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
ok sounds good to be.. ebay header it is.. think im gonan accompany it with a cold air intake and an apexi WS2 catback exhaust.

slick_civic

5+ Year Member
I got an ebay header last summer, on a d16. Looks great, my magnaflow exhaust sound did change a bit though.
The heat will change the color of the header too, eventually. Looks good when hood popped, and i notice a slight increase speed pick up in the high rpms then stock header.