headers
CAI

second option:
D16a6 with D16z6 head (mini-me)
headers
CAI
Auto tranny

currently my car is on 17" wheels.

What acceleration (0-100kmh) time I will be expecting on these options?

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The higher teens?

Theres alot more to it than just that stuff. You have weight, driving skill, etc.

But :welcome: to CC and you should definitely post pics of your car! :D

94 civic ex

5+ Year Member
Hi, I am planning the following upgrades in my car:

first option:
B16A1 swap
Manual Tranny
performance chip
adjustable cam gears
lightweight flywheels
headers
CAI

second option:
D16a6 with D16z6 head (mini-me)
headers
CAI
Auto tranny

currently my car is on 17" wheels.

What acceleration (0-100kmh) time I will be expecting on these options?
Im just wondering how your going to put headerS on a 4 cylender?;) Just had to ask

Addicted

5+ Year Member
I don't see the competition between option 1 and option 2. Option 1 pretty much is the way to go.

Don't worry about those ebay performance chips, adjustable cam gears, or the light weight flywheel. You need to beef up your clutch before the flywheel. You need cams to even have a use for those cam gears, and the "performance chips" are always just garbage.

Save your money and use it on parts that actually perform. The flywheel is an iffy thing on my list, Just depends if you have upgraded your clutch or not.

Do the basic bolt ons, I/H/E, then if you want a little more power consider a 100 shot of nitrous with a window switch and a tune. You'll see significant gains.

Otherwise just go turbo. lol

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea you cant put headerS on your inline-4. Also the adustable cam gears wont do squat unless you have cams AND get it tuned and your tuner uses the gears for timing. I think you need to just stick around a little bit and learn more before you jump into this.

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Surprised nobody has said it yet, avoid the B16, be ready to be disappointed if you get it, especially in a saloon car too.

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor
Surprised nobody has said it yet, avoid the B16, be ready to be disappointed if you get it, especially in a saloon car too.
Is the low end power on the B16 REALLY as bad as people say? Cause I myself was thinking of doing a B16 since i can get a swap for pretty cheap... or should I just go with a B18?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I love how the OP is joining in on the discussion that he started......