my ej1 build thread

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EDIT: UPDATES ON LAST FEW PAGES

okay so this is going to be my build thread. i own a 94 civic si coupe (ej1). to start things off, i picked up my car last august, for $1100. came with 17 inch konig rims, 1 piece halo's, swapped d16y8, neuspeed strut bar and rear lower tie bar, pioneer deck, infiniti tweeters, and all other speakers are pioneer. for another $250 i got a brand new set of witner tires on steelies (michelin x-ice). also its been re-painted acura el black or something like that.. heres some pics of when i first got it:

4x4 status

i found out the car needed new welds in the rear rocker panels, 2 wheel bearings, new brakes, and a windshield. i took it into my shop and did all that minus the windshield. while i was in there i unndercoating and oil sprayed it, painted the calipers red, re did all the brakes, and put a civic emblem on the trunk.

next i decided i wanted to paint the interior. so i ripped the interior apart and re-painted some of the panels blue.

after that i found myself a nice kicker solobarric sub and alpine amp, and wired them up.

so next i decided to slowly start my modding process. first i cleaned up my engine bay and painted my valve cover gold with polished letters. over the next couple months i ordered some nice goodies. first came an aem short ram intake, and a megan racing cat back exhaust system, along with a hi-flow cat.

once i got that done, i had made up my mind on going for the jdm look. so i swapped them ricey konigs for some nice gsr blades. (i dont have pics of them on the car because i got my snows on)

once i had traded them, i begin my exterior de-ricing. i quickly removed the 1 piece projectors and put my oem headlights on, but not before i made them black housing

so i bought myself some oem fogs and wired them up. i then decided to make my oem corners armber, which i just finished yesterday but have no pics of yet. also repainted my wiper arms black (will have pics soon)

then i knew it was time to drop my car.. long overdue. so i ordered some function and form type ones and some polished rear lca's.

i have no pics of the car as it sits with the coils on now, but will soon once i get it washed.

last week i traded my old halo's for an oem hood bra, so ill have to get you guys pics of that too :roll:

in the last 7 months my car has came pretty far IMO and ive saved a lot of money on labour by doing it all myself. i will have some updated pics up soon.

future mods:
-jdm window visors (sides and maybe rear too)
-jdm 50/50 tails
-fix the minor rust... then a paint job
-either going to re-build my d series and boost it, or pick up a b20 vtec and build it all motor

the last two will be in a year or so when i can save some cash up.
sorry for the crappy cell phone pics btw. lmk what you guys/gals think and shoot me some ideas on what i should do next. =)

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
update: heres a little teaser pic of the front corner ;)

and heres a edited pic of my valve cover

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
DId you get those F&F from weksos with free lcas? Blue interior looks pretty bad.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so ur dericing the exterior but ur ricing out the interior? makes sense..

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so ur dericing the exterior but ur ricing out the interior? makes sense..
lol well i was going to go all black, but didnt want to bother dying everything and all, so for now i just did it blue until i grow out of that phase, and then ill just pick up all oem black interior and a jdm center console

edit: like i painted it while i was still 16 and thought the whole painted interior would look nice plus the parts i painted were in bad condition, some were cracked etc so i fixed them up and painted em blue. now that i want the more clean look i kinda regret it, but hell, maybe ill try and do a type r interior imitation except ill do black and blue. (itll be type b :lol:)

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh btw resize the pics, they're really big

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
side markers. and new pics, i want to see how the hood bra looks on a black ej1. other than that its coming along pretty well. and hide the wires a little better for the sub.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DId you get those F&F from weksos with free lcas? Blue interior looks pretty bad.
no i got them from meng, and to each his own ya know?

Oh btw resize the pics, they're really big
oh okay yeah ill do that.

side markers. and new pics, i want to see how the hood bra looks on a black ej1. other than that its coming along pretty well. and hide the wires a little better for the sub.
im going to wait until i do my bodywork to do my side markers. and the wires for the sub are hidden better that was just when it was installed

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
** all pics have been re-sized**

also i know probably most of you think the interior looks bad/is rice, but i dont mind it and it was my personal choice to do it.. cant please everyone :roll:

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like it, but for the sake of us all, please get rid of the blue interior pieces

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like it, but for the sake of us all, please get rid of the blue interior pieces
thanks, but like i said, i will once i grow out of the phase of liking it, and turn the interior to all black when i have the money to buy and convert it to power everything

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and new pics, i want to see how the hood bra looks on a black ej1.
heres a pic of the front i just took quickly today for you lotz. dont mind the dust i just quickly pulled it out of the garage to snap a quick pic

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would paitn match the foglight bezels..

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres a pic of the front i just took quickly today for you lotz. dont mind the dust i just quickly pulled it out of the garage to snap a quick pic

thanks. looks good. i was thinking about getting one for mine once i got a straight hood. looks like you need to check your tire pressure too.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks. looks good. i was thinking about getting one for mine once i got a straight hood. looks like you need to check your tire pressure too.
yeah i like how it looks. and LOL at my tire pressure. my cars been sitting in my cold garage all winter thus the low pressure. once i start to drive it again i will go fill them up, but then again ill probably have my blades on.