abs light

civic0918

Registered VIP
My abs light comes on and then goes off and sometimes by brakes make a strange clicking sound. I just put all new brakes and rotors on car.Is this the abs sensor? That is my guess but i dont want to order part and that not be it all my fluid is good im confused the breaks work good but the light and noises worry me cuz its the car that hauls my 2 year old around. any info would help alot thanks.

RonJ

Banned
Pull the ABS code by jumping the service connector with a jumper wire.

civic0918

Registered VIP
im confused i dont think i have that tool its not in my glove box i dont wanna have a shop break my wallet just to check it can i buy that tool somewhere?

RonJ

Banned
You don't need a special tool, just a piece of wire or paperclip to short the 2P service connector. It's the same connector used to pull CEL codes.

civic0918

Registered VIP
ok yeah i just read that on another site cuz i wasnt sure what you were saying. But how do i tell what the problem is? i dont get it i just redone all the brakes and they seem to work fine but the light and that weird clicking noise scares the hell outta me infact it sounds like a paper clip taping on my rotor.

civic0918

Registered VIP
ill try that i downloaded the manuals also,but why would it cause that noise? i just put 300 in my brakes everything is new im just a very cautious parent. I want everything to be fine and dandy and be worry free because we travel alot.

RonJ

Banned
ill try that i downloaded the manuals also,but why would it cause that noise? i just put 300 in my brakes everything is new im just a very cautious parent. I want everything to be fine and dandy and be worry free because we travel alot.
Pull the ABS code to see if it leads you to the noise.