Power windows wont go up.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive tried searching.. Ive done all the continuity tests and i think its a faulty master switch. Its been stuck down for two days. Im going to the junk yard tomomrrow. i try to manually pull it up but... The gears are caught i guess so i cant pull it up by hand.

I tried jumping the motor too with a 12v source. I guessing one is wire is up and one is down but still no luck.

Help. I can use both the driver and pass switch to make it go down but it wont go up. and no its not on window lock mode.

RonJ

Banned
I tried jumping the motor too with a 12v source. I guessing one is wire is up and one is down but still no luck.
Switch/swap the polarity of the two wires at the motor. Does it now go up when you press the button to make it go down?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ron- no. it keeps blowing the number ten fuse. im wondering if its the motor. its a replacement. not OEM

coupe- its only the pass side window.

SwiftEKtuner

EJ6 Powderpuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you hear the motor when activated or see the glass move a little bit? i had the same problem on my passenger side and my firends dad said that it was the cable since hondas use cable to wind up the windows. but in your case sounds like theres a short if it keeps blowing the fuse

RonJ

Banned
ron- no. it keeps blowing the number ten fuse. im wondering if its the motor. its a replacement. not OEM

coupe- its only the pass side window.
I am not understanding the problem. Using either the driver's or passenger's switch, you can make the passenger window go down but if you try to make it go up, fuse 10 blows?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no. With both switches (master and passenger) I can make it go down. But neither of them can make it go up.

When i try to jump the motor (from the blk and green wire(12v)) to the motor, (which is the fuse ten power window fuse) it keeps blowing. imma try to use a 12v source direct from the battery and see if it goes up or down.

thanks for the help guys.

RonJ

Banned
When i try to jump the motor (from the blk and green wire(12v)) to the motor, (which is the fuse ten power window fuse) it keeps blowing. imma try to use a 12v source direct from the battery and see if it goes up or down.
I think you may be accidentally shorting the wires and blowing the fuse when you jump the motor. Does the fuse still blow if you switch the polarity of the + and - wires at the motor? That's all the switch does to make the window go up versus down.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not sure i will try it right now. and yea it blows when i try jumping it. ill just run my own two wires from the switch to the motor this time ill pm you this time around. thanks.