How to install front cambers into an EJ Civic

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
well you guys wanted it... here ya go....
1st off i'm going to skip a couple of steps such as putting the car on jack stands and taking off the wheels etc. This is Civic Nation we all should know how to do that by now.

The OEM

The aftermarket

1st you need to acquire the tool need from your local advance auto shop. The tool is called a tie rod puller{huh] yeah i know weird.

Then you need to remove the shock absorber [well i did needed slack for my shock absorber].

Then you remove the cotton pin that holds your castle nut in place. Do not remove the castle nut b/c you'll need the support from this for your steering knuckle.

Alright here is the easiest part but required the golden tool. With the tie rod puller insert it below the camber stud and in betw/ the ball joint.

Boy that was easy.

Now you need to remove the two pivot bolts that hold your upper camber to the car...

Remove those two bolts and you are home free from there. Installation is reverse...

When you're done you should get something like this....

Hope this helps a lot of you..... Any questions just ask......

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=184784:Raza:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there you go

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice write-up

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice write-up :thumbs up

For the most part, you can get by without the "tie rod puller", I usually take the nut off with a gun, then thread it back on a couple turns by hand to protect the threads, and give the knuckle a couple good whacks with a BFH on the mounting area to break loose the taper.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
Nice write-up :thumbs up

For the most part, you can get by without the "tie rod puller", I usually take the nut off with a gun, then thread it back on a couple turns by hand to protect the threads, and give the knuckle a couple good whacks with a BFH on the mounting area to break loose the taper.
i thought about that. how did the hammer fit in the fender:?:....

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I usually take the nut off with a gun, then thread it back on a couple turns by hand to protect the threads, and give the knuckle a couple good whacks with a BFH on the mounting area to break loose the taper.
x2 same goes for when i do it. good write up man

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
moved to the archive

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
moved to the archive
lol. it like shiznit is my content manager or something.....He knows where and how to move this stuff. I just know how to post it...lol. Anyone has any suggestions on other DIY's that are not out there.....this is my passion :mrgreen:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice writeup man,

I didn't need that tool as I just had a progress kit, which used the OEM UCM but the install was very straight forward.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
roll call where's Shiznit i may have another write-up that needs his attention.....lol

civic0918

Registered VIP
Nice write up bro. i was told camber kits are not needed just adjust the toe and you will be fine. I dunno if i need it ill do it but if not i wont but i love diy job's. My buddy is insane good i just run around and hand him tools lol. You did a great write up though thanx a milli..

civic0918

Registered VIP
I see you have someone moving your post around also. I have the same trouble and i think its lame ass bullshit. Wtf are we in school or what? lol I personally think its in a good spot and was written very nice. Sometimes i'll have a retarded question and i get introuble for posting it in the wrong area. We all enjoy the same hobby so why cant we all just get along? I hope dude stops riding your ass i hate that s**t.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
thanks cuz.....haha idk long as you guys get the post i could careless where it goes.....but if he knows heck he can do all the work for me...

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
Should rename this thread to:

HOW TO: Install front upper control arms.
you know what i thought about that b/c the book calls them the upper control arm. but then people would hesitate on what upper control arms are....so i just stuck w/ front cambers b/c Honda doesn't call them cambers but instead upper control arms...