Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good lucking vehicles..and sounds like SPOON really tickles you pink!
ya back in the day when their parts were really rare and hard to find...
:cool:

i will build a honda again someday soon..

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
where did you end up picking that orange civic up at?!

looks like my boys he sold YEARS ago. he was here in PA. he had a 96-98 front but you said u did a conversion. his was tangerine orange as well.
he has been on the hunt for it ever since he sold it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i went out to cali to trade my built hatch for it plus cash and then put some money into it. then sold it on ebay and its in NJ now..

updates without pics again on the truck...

i am going to have to redo a bit of the firewall to make the rotary fit right and look right, so i have to recess it into the firewall and inch or so..

i pulled all of my front suspension and brakes and cleaned/degreased ad painted all the parts..

hopefully get some big updates with pics this weekend...

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your old white EG makes me want a white EG. haha.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your old white EG makes me want a white EG. haha.
ive had two white eg's, but that car in the picture was pretty fun for a cheap build..

i dont think i had more than a grand in the whole car including the purchase(well minues the wheels).

it ran like a raped ape..

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha nice. I wish I could say I have less than a grand in my car.... >_<

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah word. i know my buddy sold it to some couple in NY, he ghetto'd some things on it. he sold that car like 6-8 years ago. haha.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha nice. I wish I could say I have less than a grand in my car.... >_<
ya, me too... i wish i was rich..

ah word. i know my buddy sold it to some couple in NY, he ghetto'd some things on it. he sold that car like 6-8 years ago. haha.
ya that car was sold years ago also..

it was built pretty good for the time i guess..

Man your putting a hell of a alot of work into that truck! props to you!
yessir. trying to represent and build a super clean truck...

dammnit i wanna see pictures!
ill get some up just for u...:shock:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
now i feel like a doushe..dont post pics!! ro rush here!! :cool:
i got a big day planned tomorrow after i go get shield gas for the welder...

ill get some updates up i promise. and u shouldnt feel like a douche just cuz of that.

i mean, u seem like a douche already, u didnt need that... lol jk brotha!:D

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well after the ol lady goes to work an di get some s**t done in the house imma head out to the garage..

just got a new cylinder of shield gas for the welder so i can get some s**t done today...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, so excuses excuses, but the wifey took the camera with her to work today so no pics, but the updates arent that great i guess..

i did get shield gas for the welder and ground my frame down smooth ready for paint and cut out a bit of the firewall to get the engine where i want it. but no pics today. sorry!

we'll see about tomorrow.. got a buddy coming up since its physically impossible for me to get this engine mounted by myself..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
updates with pictures for u guys that wanted them..

painted my brakes and a arms. just cleaning s**t up. also painted my calipers..

also cleaned up my dash..

body panels waiting to go on both trucks..

tore the engine down to a bare keg to clean things up plus i was having fitment issues. thought it was the firewall, but it turned out to be the mounts.

anyway, started polishing my IM...

so like i said had some fitment issues so i cut out the firewall since thats what i thought the problem was, but turns out it is the mounts. so i brought the engine forward an inch or so but now i am having issues with the engine being true to the frame and being womperjod in the engine compartment, so i have to work on that now. also, then engine sits too low, so i might be rebuilding a tranny tunnel after all..

this is how i ended up mounting it for now til i can weld up new brackets. the mounts were designed to fit between the old crossmember mounts, but dont, so i will have to make new mounting points for the moints and possibly new mounts..

this is how i cut the firewall for fitment. it will end up probably going back to how it was before unless i decide to put a design in it or something...

not happy about this at all...

i have a bunch more pics and random shots that ill post later if anyone is interested..

hopefully get back out in the garage tomorrow and figure some mounting s**t out and finish polishing my IM and things...

also, my rack and pinion is not going to work, so i am still looking for a rhd steering box. might look into getting a flaming river box or something of that nature. either way, its gonna be expensive as hell..

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that sucks that the engine aint fittin good but at least some progress is gettin done :thumbs up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itll all work. i just have to decide a few things and take some good measurements. also talking to the the guy that made the mounts to see if he can fix the problem or what exaclty needs to be done..

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sick progress man, can't wait to see it finished....er progressed more....

Still have that chromed out Yota front end if you're interested!!!! On the cheap!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much u want for that bumper shipped to 81504?