My custom rear seat delete. (EG)

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check it out. Way cheaper than buying one for 500 and it looks damn good,.Carpet doesn't match but i dig it.
Sorry for cell phone pics.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good, but looks heavy too.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How can ya tell?
It weights a little more than rear seats, I wasn't looking for weight reduction. I like the look of a 2 seater better.

And I made it by buying wood, cutting, and sanding it. ha
I did it since I dislocated my hip and can't work, but yet can build that. ha
Took me a weekend.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I've just looked at the rear seat deletes they sell and they're fairly heavy, looks good though.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1/2 inch thick plywood?

Maybe a write-up would be awesome of how you made this since there may be other members on here that would be interested as well... :thumbs up ;)

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually I used particle board. I found it easier to cut and sand. Sanding is a big deal with this. Yeah i could do something. Wouldn't include measurements though I'll just show ya how to make it like mine and sturdy.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah, job well done man! :thumbup: you just save yourself some cash and have the joy of saying you've got something that not everyone has.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I've just looked at the rear seat deletes they sell and they're fairly heavy, looks good though.
Corsport makes two.
Street is heavier version i think it is a little less than rear seat
racing like 11 lbs i believe and doesnt support weight.
But those are way overpriced. I think I spent about 70 building mine and i bought really exspensive carpet and wood.

ah, job well done man! :thumbup: you just save yourself some cash and have the joy of saying you've got something that not everyone has.
Thanks man. That is what I was going for. I love the way it looks, wasn't easy though but worth it when I get positive comments like this.

WBJ

Registered VIP
Not bad! Im wondering if by using some other material if you could save a little bit of weight. Would be interesting to see this in fiberglass.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A lot of people use mdf board. Which is lightweight. I wanted mine to be able to withstand a lot of weight so i went with exspensive partical board.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. Did the same basic thing with the trunk in my LX (not seat delete, but a full floor behind the seat). I used real MDF not the lightweight stuff.

Regular MDF is heavier than particle board by a large margin. I don't know about the light weight stuff as I have never used.

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good bro, a writeup would be nice.

I want to do this but idk if it'd look right in a coupe....

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice But Why Do U Have A Bandana Laying In The Middle ???
Cause I'm a gang banger. duh.
And write up will be coming this weekend. I'll include pics on my braces. And try to get some measurments for you guys, but it is a b***h.

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bitches is tight. I leave my rear seats down all the time anyway, I think It'd look better with a delete. The concept seems pretty straight forward; just build a level floor that fits where the seats should be, but it'd be nice to see how you went about it. I'm looking forward to your writeup :thumbup:

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright man. I'll probably just include it in this thread. I already have the pictures of my basic frame just gotta upload.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
while i was waiting for the pics to upload i was expecting the worst.. but dude it doesnt look too bad at all. besides the carpet not matching very well it looks really good. :thumbs up

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank ya sir.
Yeah I couldn't get anything close, the fabic stores here suck. Uploading picures of the infrastructer today.