Cheap DIY exhaust

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
Hey guys, so I'm lookin for cheap ways to get a louder sound outta my stock 99 hatch exhaust...

Any ideas?!

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, so I'm lookin for cheap ways to get a louder sound outta my stock 99 hatch exhaust...

Any ideas?!
Look for an axle back bolt on muffler.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
louder sound?

Go to ebay, and search "muffler"... Buy the cheapest one you can find, and you're good.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ghetto! Get a grinder and cut a portion out of your muffler. JK please don't.

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Unbolt the exhaust at the header... that should be loud enough for ya's :headbang:

jk. buy a fart can off ebay for $20 if your just looking for sound

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:what: straight pipe from the cat back was enough to get me a ticket.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Buy some folger's(in the metal container), dump out the coffee, cut a hole the size of ur tailpipe, then weld it on the tailpipe. done and done.

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
hmm, lol im looking for some ghetto way to get sound for now, as im too poor to afford some legit stuff, it'll be temp i suppose but the coffee can idea is pretty straightforward LOL
all i gotta do is weld it to the END of the exhaust?

02_EP3_<3

hmm, lol im looking for some ghetto way to get sound for now, as im too poor to afford some legit stuff, it'll be temp i suppose but the coffee can idea is pretty straightforward LOL
all i gotta do is weld it to the END of the exhaust?
:rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao: :rotflmfao:

pleasssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont do that it was a joke!!!

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
lolol, i know i know, i was just kidding
but is there some semi legal way to get cheap ghetto sound? lol, i have a few mufflers/exhusts to work with.. actually just 2 LOL

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
coffee cans make people sound like a 2hp weedwackers.... :/ i know my engines small, but no need to make it more obvious :P

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
true, louder sometimes will make ur look sound like s**t. But yea, go to walmart and buy one, their cheap. also, check the coffee aisle. You can get an exhaust for around $5. lol. jk.

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
lol yeaaa, im not looking for better, just louder, my cars only temp for now, so im not looking to invest much i cant take with me later

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i heard you can just drill some holes in it, but thats just ricey

CIVICLILY

5+ Year Member
jam a screw driver in the current muffler and you will get the ricey sound your looking for...
"ffaaaaaAAAARRRRTTTT!!!!!"

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
loool don't hate the thread :P I'm just looking to save what little cash I have haha, plus since the cars temporary I don't wanna put too much money into it