What causes white smoke in the exhaust?

CiViC_eK24

So all of a sudden white smoke started comin out
of my exhaust anyone kno of a reason?? Car runs fine just smoke started coming out then stops
then starts randomly

anyone got and type of answer ??

dani92

5+ Year Member
ur probably burning coolant

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, head gasket blown, leaking coolant into your exhaust, burning it = white smoke

CiViC_eK24

Radiator still full wit coolant tho and head gasket
was just replaced blows out white smoke for afew
seconds then stops the rest of the day has happened twic so far

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh...then it's just condensation.

It depends on how much white smoke it is.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh...then it's just condensation.

It depends on how much white smoke it is.
+1

You said it blows it out, stops, blows it out...you never said anything about a little bit right on start up..thats normal.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Take off the radiator cap and see if there's oil mixed in with the coolant, dead give away for a blown HG.

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1

You said it blows it out, stops, blows it out...you never said anything about a little bit right on start up..thats normal.
you both need to do some more reading before posting. condensation WILL NOT get into the cylinders of the engine....ever! unless it leaks in from somewhere.

a cracked cylinder wall, a failed HG, or another seal would allow coolant in.

since its small i'd imagine you either got a. the wrong HG or b. you bought a one in a million faulty HG.

replace it and find the leak.

Bigoj2

Darn its funny how you guys are talking about this, I JUST replaced my HG like 2 days ago and just put the coolant and oil change in last night and it's still smoking on mine mainly after I get done like on the highway or speeding a lil bit but not really getting on it at all, like not even letting the vtec kick in if that tells you anything

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Darn its funny how you guys are talking about this, I JUST replaced my HG like 2 days ago and just put the coolant and oil change in last night and it's still smoking on mine mainly after I get done like on the highway or speeding a lil bit but not really getting on it at all, like not even letting the vtec kick in if that tells you anything
welll, YOU may have to change ur rad then lol... look into ur rad filler hole, do u see oil/gas? if so, run down to ur local wrecking yard or parts store and grab yourself a new rad=)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Or maybe the head gasket wasnt installed properly. Did you replace the head gasket, or did a shop do it? If the shop did it, do they guarantee their work? If you did it, did you torque down the head bolts from the inside-out? Or, if Im not mistaken, your rings could be bad too, causing you to burn oil. Check your oil level on your dipstick......remember to take it out, wipe it, put it back in, then check it.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or, if Im not mistaken, your rings could be bad too, causing you to burn oil. Check your oil level on your dipstick......remember to take it out, wipe it, put it back in, then check it.
nope. if he was burning oil it would be blue smoke.