Engine hesitation: Bad O2 sensor?

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok when im driving around town or anywere for that fact, i feel my car hessatating sometimes, like jerking, not as fast etc. but im guessing its the o2 sensor, that messurse the amout of air and so on. and i do notice the cars ok in gas and should be faster, but de to the o2 sensor not that much. am i right?

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and sorry for the spelling its not the best.

RonJ

Banned
Is your CEL on? If so, pull codes.
:thumbs up

Also check the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, as well as the ignition timing.

If you believe the primary O2 sensor is at fault, then unplug it to see whether the problem goes away.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
car hesitating when taking off

ok,recently i have noticed my car when i take off it shakes a bit, but you can notice it, and allso i have noticed the hp loss and mgp loss. but i am pretty sure that it could be the o2 sensor. Front (upstream) oxygen sensor. im pretty sure thats what it is.

which would be the second o2 sensor you see in the picture

RonJ

Banned
ok,recently i have noticed my car when i take off it shakes a bit, but you can notice it, and allso i have noticed the hp loss and mgp loss. but i am pretty sure that it could be the o2 sensor. Front (upstream) oxygen sensor. im pretty sure thats what it is.

which would be the second o2 sensor you see in the picture
Only one thread per topic please. Two threads merged.

Rear = secondary O2 sensor.