beware mishimoto radiator

mattman3

got rice?
5+ Year Member
i bought a mishimoto radiator in december about a month ago i started losing coolant and couldnt figure out why i looked for leaks checked all the hoses and couldnt find anything wrong and the head gasket is fine too...i took the radiator fan off the other day and found a leak coming from one of the welds at the top of the radiator just behind the fan...just wanted to warn everyone cuz its a shitty problem to have

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lifetime Warranty?

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I believe Mishimoto is one of the site sponsors....you should talk to the rep, he seems like a nice guy and might be willing to figure out a solution with you...

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Had the same problem with my Mishimoto Radiator. I bought a Mishimoto Radiator, Fan, Fan Mount Kit, and Hoses.

First off, the hoses were extremely hard to get on the radiator. I had to use a screw driver to coax it over the lip of the inlet and outlet. Even with this, It was a pain to get on and ended up over straining myself.
Then I hit a dip pretty hard in my Civic. It didn't bottom out or anything. But the force was enough for the radiator to crack where the tubes meet the top end tank.

With that said, the radiator did provide very adequate cooling even when beating through the gears for long durations. I'd get another one if they improved the quality of their radiators and components... and if my sponsor didn't stop selling them because of leaking problems.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, we are on the forums everyday. OP, you can PM me if you have any specific issues.

All of our products carry a lifetime warranty and also feature accident protection, too.

Regarding the hoses, I actually installed some onto my Mishimoto radiator last night in fact. Yes, it is hard to do, I will admit that, but with a little silicone lubricant, they pop right on easily.

Regarding the "leaks", I have never run into a problem, nor have we had excessive customer come back state their Civic radiator has spring a leak. The Civic radiator is probably our best seller! I have also never heard of someone hitting a nice bump in the road and springing a leak because of that.

Not only am I the guy who posts as Mishimoto on forums and whatnot, I am also the warranty guy here too.

OP, or anyone else, send me an E-mail directly at patrick@mishimoto.com if you ever need assistance with our products. We are here M-F 930a-6p EST.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, we are on the forums everyday. OP, you can PM me if you have any specific issues.

All of our products carry a lifetime warranty and also feature accident protection, too.

Regarding the hoses, I actually installed some onto my Mishimoto radiator last night in fact. Yes, it is hard to do, I will admit that, but with a little silicone lubricant, they pop right on easily.

Regarding the "leaks", I have never run into a problem, nor have we had excessive customer come back state their Civic radiator has spring a leak. The Civic radiator is probably our best seller! I have also never heard of someone hitting a nice bump in the road and springing a leak because of that.

Not only am I the guy who posts as Mishimoto on forums and whatnot, I am also the warranty guy here too.

OP, or anyone else, send me an E-mail directly at patrick@mishimoto.com if you ever need assistance with our products. We are here M-F 930a-6p EST.
If nothing else, i think that mishimoto provides excellent customer service, as well as exceptional public relations. what other company is on this forum addressing issues with their product. It says a lot about a company when they stand behind their product

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ GL man. The PR guy always seems nice.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
5+ Year Member
If nothing else, i think that mishimoto provides excellent customer service, as well as exceptional public relations. what other company is on this forum addressing issues with their product. It says a lot about a company when they stand behind their product
I appreciate the kind words guys! We are extremely customer-based here and want to make sure that you are happy with the product you receive!

just sent the guy an email hopefully we can resolve the problem
Matt, I received your E-mail this morning. Reply sent.

^^ GL man. The PR guy always seems nice.
:word: Thanks!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gotta love a company that helps there customers in a timely manner :thumbs up