whats difference between the LX, EX?

florida13

i am wanting to get a 2009 honda civic and i love the EX and LX 2 doors...

whats the difference? i heard the LX is fully loaded?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
EX is fully loaded, except for a nice engine. Go to a dealership and ask them there.

Janye

I get confused about the model of mine all the time. I am pretty sure it is 2010 EX - dark interior, sunroof, power, ac, usb ports... nothing says the model ! LOL

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I get confused about the model of mine all the time. I am pretty sure it is 2010 EX - dark interior, sunroof, power, ac, usb ports... nothing says the model ! LOL
.........under your name is says LX.......

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just recently quit selling Honda's to get into financing.

LX-wheelcovers, no sunroof.

EX-Alloys, moonroof, audio controls on steering wheel. and a lil bit better interior cloth (plus a cupl lil things)

All have the same motor/trans, no difference there..neat little trick tho..When the car is running, turn the radio off, then press the two big buttons in the middle of the dials at the same time, then you can customize the little greeting when you turn the car on! (if they are 2 doors that is)

If you get them, I can help you program the door locks also, if the dealer doesn't....

Any other ?'s just shoot'm to me

florida13

there is this black civic 2 door LX for 15,500 with 16K miles on it.. and this other civic is same thing but is an EX and is 18,999 wiht 5K miles...

wonder if it would be better getting the LX... my 2003 ex civic has a sunroof but idk...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why not upgrade to an Si? One can be had for a similar price, and its a FAR better investment than another SOHC. Its not really an upgrade, just a slightly newer car if you go with an LX or EX.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What he said is 50/50.

The new civics come out the gate @140 hp from a 1.8....not a bad place to start at all...the si is prolly 3k more than the EX, + or - a grand....you'll gain about 57 HP (lx/ex@140 si @ 197) and get a 6 spd tranny...

either get the LX or jump to the si, don't worry with the EX

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a bad deal there ^^

The only warning I give with that gen of civic, your sunvisors are gonna f**k up, a lot and the Si trans tends to have a few issues.

Other than that not a bad car at all...greaaat place to start for sure

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The extra displacement would make a good bit of difference...Those K20's are gnarly when they are done right

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you get the EX/LX and start modding it, you'll always be kicking yourself for not getting the Si.
Exactly what this dude said. The cost of parts to get an EX or LX up to par with an Si as far as engine output AND handling are going to far exceed the cost of an Si. On top of that, you have a MUCH better base to start with if you get an Si.

barrett

Registered VIP
what kind of issues does the Si trans have? i have one and this is the first i'm hearing of it...

florida13

hmm.. can anybody help me find a BLACK EX or SI and is 2 doors... my location is in Florida... around gainesville, ocala, or orlando area.. or tampa... jacksonville.. any of those places..

i found this one i have been looking at for days...

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not sure of the exact problem, but I have seen a couple of them lost 2nd and/or 3rd gear. Granted, this could be from driver errors, just seems a lil coincidental to me.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm.. can anybody help me find a BLACK EX or SI and is 2 doors... my location is in Florida... around gainesville, ocala, or orlando area.. or tampa... jacksonville.. any of those places..

i found this one i have been looking at for days...

Dude you need to search for this stuff yourself. Look on craigslist, ebay, autotrader.....s**t go to google and type in "buy cars" and a list of sites will pop up.