Floralvikings' Del Sol (Soon...)

floralvikings

So I was going to wait until the car is officially mine to make a thread, but it's as good as mine and I can't wait to hear some opinions :roll:

So here's the deal!

It's a 95 Del Sol S, stock, 104,XXX miles, Infinity sound system (complete except for a sub), tinted windows and nice aftermarket insulation, and an alarm with key-less entry. For $2800!

The bad:
- The interior carpet and panels weren't put back perfectly after the car was insulated, so I'm gonna have to go back and fix it...
- I'm gonna drive the f**k out of it for the next couple of years (I'm a pizza guy)
- There's a nasty dent in the back that's starting to rust at the edges, so I'll have to get on that ASAP

You can see the dent in this photo, it's on the left:

I'm gonna try and get a few more pics ASAP, esp. of the interior, but it's not mine for another 2 weeks so I kind of have to work around him until he gets his new car :(

floralvikings

Got some news, he should have the money for his new ride on Thursday, so I should have it shortly after that. Hopefully.

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Weird....the only Sols around here are pizza delivery folks as well...must just be because the trunk is perfect for the sign and doesn't ruin gas mileage. Do some tasteful mods and proper maintainence, and it'll last you BEYOND your delivery years.

floralvikings

Do some tasteful mods and proper maintainence, and it'll last you BEYOND your delivery years.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. What mods would you recommend? I was thinking bolt-on stuff like an intake and maybe a new header. Anything that will help gas mileage would also be nice for work =)

r0nin

is there a reason there's a map of texas inside the dent? o.O

but nice car. looks like a good start. enjoy it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The bad:
- Its a Del Sol
- The interior carpet and panels weren't put back perfectly after the car was insulated, so I'm gonna have to go back and fix it...
- I'm gonna drive the f**k out of it for the next couple of years (I'm a pizza guy)
- There's a nasty dent in the back that's starting to rust at the edges, so I'll have to get on that ASAP
fixed for jew...

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why dont you get another job...:what:

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pick up man, I just got a Del Sol as well. I'm not really diggin the color but eh, its whatever. These really are fun little cars.

floralvikings

Nice pick up man, I just got a Del Sol as well. I'm not really diggin the color but eh, its whatever. These really are fun little cars.
Yeah my camera was freaking out when I took those, the color isn't quite right. It's much deeper and greener in person :what:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That price is over blue book value, I'd try to go lower before you buy it.

floralvikings

Called and talked to him today b/c he was supposed to get the check from the insurance company today... They f**ked up some of the paperwork so it's gonna be delayed a while longer (probably at least a week or two :x). I'm thinking about keeping my civic as a work car and just leaving it a my job, if my manager will let me leave it in the parking lot ( I don't have the space for 2 cars at home :( )

Either way I'm gonna get back to trying to fix the a/c wiring in the civic, either for a better sale price or a better work car :suprise:

floralvikings

So I put in my new climate control in the civic today and it didn't fix the problem :???:

That pretty much narrows it down to the thermostat, which I suppose I'll be buying soon. But, while I was under the dash I redid my radio wiring so it's nice and clean instead of the jumbled mess that the last owner left me with.

All for a car I'm gonna sell in a week or two :x

floralvikings

So I may have a couple of hundred bucks left after I buy it, and I was looking to get a bumper from a 96-97 when I came across this:

Obviously just looking at the front bumper =P

What do you guys think? I like that it isn't too aggressive and would let me keep my aux. lights and give me the option of adding fogs later, although I would have to cut it b/c I want to keep my side markers... I'm just worried it might look a little too rice :???:

I'll (hopefully) have about $200 to play with after I buy the Sol and since that's not really enough to do a whole lot I though this would be a good way to make it a little more unique, but if you guys know of something better I could do with the money I'd love opinions :cool:

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lowering springs. I think tien springs are under 300 maybe under 200, I don't remember.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Or spend that money on a tune up/ oil change/ flush just to make sure it's all good. If you know for a fact everything is good then spend it on something else.