What oil do you all recommend?

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The cheapest for the daily. Walmart supertech ftw. In the racecar I use 10w40 Rotella synthetic. Its actually diesal motor oil so it can take the heat and it has more zinc (antiwear additive) than others. Great for abuse.

lovemy96civic

5+ Year Member
The cheapest for the daily. Walmart supertech ftw. In the racecar I use 10w40 Rotella synthetic. Its actually diesal motor oil so it can take the heat and it has more zinc (antiwear additive) than others. Great for abuse.
hmm....

Well, I just recently got a job at target and we get a discount on s**t, and I thought to myself, damn... I can get cheaper oil :D For some odd reason, Penzoil or what ever is sticking out in my head. Would you say that's good?...

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My opinion is as long as you change your oil around when youre suppose to it wont really matter. If you hate changing your oil you might want to switch to synthetic because you can go longer without changing it. Its man made and doesnt break down as quickly. I normally go to around 4k on the walmart oil but I rarely abuse the car. It stays under 5,000 rpms.

If youre anal about s**t. Get the best. Mobile,gastrol,penzoil w.e

lovemy96civic

5+ Year Member
My opinion is as long as you change your oil around when youre suppose to it wont really matter. If you hate changing your oil you might want to switch to synthetic because you can go longer without changing it. Its man made and doesnt break down as quickly. I normally go to around 4k on the walmart oil but I rarely abuse the car. It stays under 5,000 rpms.
Alright. Thanks man! I appreciate your help. :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's all personal preference. My friend ran Castrol or Valvoline or some s**t in his Civic. I run Mobil 1 5W-30 fully synthetic in mine. I've met people that use royal purple, etc. Again, it's all personal preference. As long as you change it on time given your driving conditions, etc., it doesn't really matter.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the best oil is AMSOIL full synthetic which they don't sell at target so the best you can get is MOBILE 1 full synthetic but honestly thats still overkill in a basically stock civic regular old dino juice will suffice if you change it on time. if you really want to research it go here
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

rawze

i use royal purple 10w40 and mobile 1 filter. i have ran rp for years in all the vehicles i have had (60+) and never had a problem

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i just use regular oil, leave one quart out and use a quart of lucas oil treatment, works like a champ, keeps the motor running smoooooove

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it really is personal preference, but not all oil is equal.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i use mobil 1 synthetic if they use this motor oil for corvettes,vipers and porshes it's good enough for my motor

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whatever is on sale at autozone is what i buy. i was thinking about switching to sythetic oil, but its a waste of money now cuz my car has 190k

94civicd16z61

i use amsoil for my tranny and engine. the car idles better the first time starting it when i changed the oil to amsoil, and still does today 5k ago after the change ( amsoil synthetic oil change 7500k miles) i also use amsoil synthetic syncromesh transmission fluid, and when i changed that in my car, the next time i drove it, the stick slides into gear better than ever and feels much more smooth. but honda products is a safe bet, and good quality. but in my opinion, amsoil is the best!

RonJ

Banned
I use Walmart brand full synthetic 5W-30 oil and the Fram Tough Guard Oil filter. I change them every 5K miles. There you go. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.