New girl to the site. Any suggestions?

DaniGirl

I'm new to the whole car scene. I drive a 95 honda civic 4dr.

Looking for advice and/or suggestions. I bought this car completely stock and looking to take the 95 out of the car and bring in the newer parts. I'm looking to lower my car. Any suggestions?

=)

ibemike

5+ Year Member
Welcome. Post a picture of your car.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have a suggestion.....get back in the damn kitchen!!

Okay joking. Welcome to the site. Your best bet is to research your different options for lowering your car. There are different directions you can head in, and YOU are the one who must make the decision and fund the upgrade. If you can post your price range and what you want out of your suspension, there are plenty of members who can make some suggestions for you.

DaniGirl

Well thanks for the welcome....I'll head back to the kitchen...NOT rather start work on the car ;)

As far as budget... depends. I would rather spend money on the mechanical stuff than the flashy stuff just yet. And yes since I would love to lower my car I did think about the suspension as well. I just don't know where to start since there is so much I'm sure I can do. I'm not looking to make this into a complete racing type but I would like to improve my performance as well as making it look beautiful.

I will post pics when I have access to my laptop. Where do I post them?! =)

lovemy96civic

5+ Year Member
Well thanks for the welcome....I'll head back to the kitchen...NOT rather start work on the car ;)

As far as budget... depends. I would rather spend money on the mechanical stuff than the flashy stuff just yet. And yes since I would love to lower my car I did think about the suspension as well. I just don't know where to start since there is so much I'm sure I can do. I'm not looking to make this into a complete racing type but I would like to improve my performance as well as making it look beautiful.

I will post pics when I have access to my laptop. Where do I post them?! =)
Sounds fun :D

You can post your pics here. Say you have photobucket or something... I use facebook. Get the URL (Adress of the picture) Then click the little icon that has mountains on it - simply paste :D

SuperDanny

car seat = power adder, your set..... im kidding, i have one too, acually i had 2 at one time, theres alot of companies that make adjustable coilovers, i have the skunk 2's and love them, i drive my car year round and have to raise it in the winter time but in the summer time i can lower it back down

DaniGirl

car seat = power adder, your set..... im kidding, i have one too, acually i had 2 at one time, theres alot of companies that make adjustable coilovers, i have the skunk 2's and love them, i drive my car year round and have to raise it in the winter time but in the summer time i can lower it back down
haha.

Guess I should consider this skunk brand since it comes up a lot in the conversations I've had with other people who work on cars. Thanks.

4gnhatch

looks in good condition just need to lower it and maybe some gsr rims or something are u looking to make it go faster or just look nicer? well good luck with it oh another word of advice dont rice it up lol

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

lol

totally kidding.

but really.

:welcome:

DaniGirl

looks in good condition just need to lower it and maybe some gsr rims or something are u looking to make it go faster or just look nicer? well good luck with it oh another word of advice dont rice it up lol
Looking to do a little bit of both but keeping it kid friendly since I have a mini me and it will be my daily driver. I def won't rice it up lol. I love simple.

lovemy96civic

5+ Year Member

lol

totally kidding.

but really.

:welcome:
LMFAO.

Car looks nice. Build sounds fun :D

Also, I did a second take with the post under your pic. The reason being is because... Check the guy's icon underneath the pic. Black truck in background and everything. Thought you were at same place haha

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It actually did look pretty similar.

Anyway, welcome to the site! I hope the slightly perverted/sexist comments didnt drive you away :D You should enjoy it here. Post up more pics of your car!