Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Function Form!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not sure on those ones, they look more expensive, but im not sure on there performance.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
like stated above f&f ive heard nothing but good of them and meng has a sale still you can get them for i think 6 something best bang for buck

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rumor has it, D2, Function and Form, and KSport are all the same company. There's a lot of proof if you google it. Maybe I'm behind on this and everyone already knows it, but I wasn't aware of it until recently.

I'd say get Function and Form Type I's.

stateofjustin

I'd say save your money for a couple more months and buy a known high quality setup. I'm thinking of the H&R Pro Street Coil-over setup ($1100). Excellent product, excellent company, with a concrete reputation.

I always say, 'Cry once, smile forever after'. You never have to worry about buyer's remorse when you buy the best.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what they say function and form for your budget

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Function Form type 1s, 630 shipped to your door and they ride great

Rickdaddy

awwwwwh snaps
You should ask yourself this.

Why do you want coilovers? What do you plan on doing with the car?

If you're planning on getting coilovers for the sole purpose of lowering your car then any "cheap" ones are good enough. If you're planning on autox'in with it or tracking it then I would say look into a strut and spring combo.

Edit: There is no best coilover setup for under 1k.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should ask yourself this.

Why do you want coilovers? What do you plan on doing with the car?

If you're planning on getting coilovers for the sole purpose of lowering your car then any "cheap" ones are good enough. If you're planning on autox'in with it or tracking it then I would say look into a strut and spring combo.

Edit: There is no best coilover setup for under 1k.
I disagree to some extent.

Buying cheap suspension parts often leads to an uncomfortable ride. I wanted to lower my car for the sole purpose of just lowering it with no intention on wanting something that would handle really well. But I still went with Tokico Illumina shocks and EIbach springs.

And you're really saying there is no best coilover setup for under 1k? So you would recommend an eBay coilover setup that would ride bouncy as hell and perform like crap over Function and Form Type I's? Even if someone wants cheap suspension parts, that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider ride comfortability. I always recommend saving money for good parts and not cheaping out on suspension.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have function and form type 1's from meng motorsports, great price, great ride. no regrets here

Rickdaddy

awwwwwh snaps
I disagree to some extent.

Buying cheap suspension parts often leads to an uncomfortable ride. I wanted to lower my car for the sole purpose of just lowering it with no intention on wanting something that would handle really well. But I still went with Tokico Illumina shocks and EIbach springs.

And you're really saying there is no best coilover setup for under 1k? So you would recommend an eBay coilover setup that would ride bouncy as hell and perform like crap over Function and Form Type I's? Even if someone wants cheap suspension parts, that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider ride comfortability. I always recommend saving money for good parts and not cheaping out on suspension.
Indeed there isn't a best coilover setup for under 1k. Most of the coilovers you see out there for under a grand are pretty much made by companies from Taiwan/China. Function and Form is no different. When I meant go ahead and get cheap coilovers I meant it, whether it being Function and Form or any ebay ones.

and sorry if I wasn't being clear, but China/Taiwan made brands = Ebay brand to me.

Then again I ride on HKS Hipermax III sport coilovers and it rides like s**t with 10k front and 7k rear springs.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah and i have 600 dollar functions and they ride awsome

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about best setup under $400? Lul. I don't make enough at work.

Rickdaddy

awwwwwh snaps
yah and i have 600 dollar functions and they ride awsome
That's good and I'm really glad they're riding awesome for you. But it's a fact that China made coilovers are poorly designed. I honestly wouldn't want something like this to happen to anyone.

Heck, for 1300 you can get KW Variant 1's or Tein SS (height adjustable ones)yet have peace of mind that the coilovers won't break on you.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and sorry if I wasn't being clear, but China/Taiwan made brands = Ebay brand to me.
eBay is an auction website. They don't make parts. There is no "eBay brand" coilovers. I am assuming you are referring to the $80 knock off ones.

Comparing Function & Form to cheap knock off $80 coils is laughable.

To be honest, I would put the reputation of the company and the reviews of the customers over a conspiracy theory rant like yours. There are MANY MANY positive reviews on their products and the amount is growing by the day.

The picture you posted doesn't prove a thing. For all we know the car could have been driven off a cliff and that is how it looked when it settled. Perhaps the owner was driving recklessly and slammed it into a curb. There are no provided details, nor is there a name brand that is given.