Hey I'm Kim

-Civic-Ex-Kim-

Hey I'm Kim and I just got a 1999 honda civic ex. I used to drive a 1993 VW jetta buuuut got in a car accident. I used to be really into my jetta always making plans to upgrade it but that never happened. Now that I have my civic I found that I really like Hondas. I wanna know if my civic has VTEC or not because I've been talking to some people and apparently its pretty good or something. I used to drive an automatic but now my civic is stick and I love it. I though it was going to be rough switching from automatic to manual. And please tell me if it's worth it to upgrade my car. I don't really know much about Honda and I'd like it if someone could help me out =) thanks

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
Frist off. Welcome KIm glad you deside to join the family. Second If you have a 99 ex you should have the d16y8 which is VTEC motor. You can upgrade you car but with bolit ons you want see much of diffrince unless you boost it (TURBO)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^he said it. have any more pics of the car?

smocha77

always better marinated
welcome aboard. there are more cool ideas on this forum than you can shake a stick at. i've been scouring the site for a while and everyone seems to have thier own opinion of whats cool/not cool, just remember to make it your own.

Ussoldier811

Welcome Kim, its def worth fixing up, you just gottta decide if u want to go with visual or motor upgrades but like the other guy said this fourm has tons of ideas just gotta do your research, lets see some pics of your new ride, GL with ur build

CDubs

Registered VIP
clean start....lose the rims...to big and flashy (IMO) good luck her get smaller rims lower it and then go from there =) of course welcome and enjoy your stay...glad to have you

-Civic-Ex-Kim-

thanks i know i hate the rims! but they came with the car my last car (1993 VW Jetta III GL) had bbs bugatti rims so i loved those. but these are really tacky and i wanna get something i little more sporty. i also plan on getting a new hood because theres a dent and theres also a gap between the grill and the hood that isnt really noticable but i notice it. and yes i plan on lowering it but i dont wanna lower it too much because i live in an area that has alot of hills and i dont want it to scrape especially because it has a new freshly painted bumper =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doesnt look bad, sits a little high. maybe invest in a drop

smocha77

always better marinated
black background hadlights would look sic and if you DIY it doesnt cost much. are they hazy or is that just the pic?

-Civic-Ex-Kim-

it's just because it had condensation on the outside of them theyre actually brand new headlights the guy that sold it to me put new headlights in it i love it theyre so clear it looks really sleek. if you could send me a link of what that would look like thatd be awesome. and what do you all think about a carbon fiber hood? are they worth it?

smocha77

always better marinated
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Heres my new lights and lights before. lemme know what ya'll think.=)[/QUOTE]

i think this is right
not my car, but at least our gen.
edit-didnt copy link correctly sorry. search black headlight housing.

-Civic-Ex-Kim-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Heres my new lights and lights before. lemme know what ya'll think.=)
i think this is right
not my car, but at least our gen.
edit-didnt copy link correctly sorry. search black headlight housing.[/QUOTE]

oh that looks pretty awesome and it would look good with the black color of my car. the sad part is that i dont have much money being a senior in high school and all :( but ill do some research